For semester programs, choose from two different program models: direct enroll in one of our five partner universities in Shanghai, Suzhou, or Wuhan, or study abroad at our Chengdu American Center for Study Abroad in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Provin
- Suzhou, China; Wuhan, China; Shanghai, China; Chengdu, China
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Hospitality, Law, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- The goal of g-MEO's Study Abroad Programs in China is to make studying abroad in the greater China region applicable for all students. We provide students with over 400 English taught courses to choose from in 5 different locations, based on student's academic needs and interests. Students are eligible to study abroad for a semester, or a full academic year. Internships are also available for students looking to combine academic learning with hands-on experience. No prior Chinese language courses are required! Our programs are open to all college level students.
For semester programs, choose from two different program models: direct enroll in one of our five partner universities in Shanghai, Suzhou, or Wuhan, or study abroad at our Chengdu American Center for Study Abroad in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province. Courses at the Chengdu Center are US developed courses taught by our US partner institutions' faculty members, in a US styled learning environment. Under both program options, courses are available in CRIMINAL JUSTICE (specifically in Chengdu), HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (specifically in Chengdu), CHINA STUDIES, INTERNATIONAL STUDIES, BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT, ECONOMICS, ENGINEERING, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, MATHEMATICS, SOCIOLOGY, POLITICAL SCIENCE, with a total of over 400 English taught courses to choose from! Mandarin courses are also available in up to 6 different levels of language instruction and professional internships are available for students attending the Chengdu American Center program.
g-MEO's Program fee is all inclusive and includes tuition, airport pick up and drop off for your arrival and departure from China, assistance with visa application (if applicable), pre-departure advising and orientation, on-site orientation, housing in the international student dorms (based on double occupancy), full-time leadership and support from on-site staff members, organized cultural and social activities, 4 day organized excursion to sites in the region, 1 official transcript of credits upon completion of program, and mandatory insurance (general and health).
- Setting Description:
- As home to the most populous nation in the world, each of China's different cities is unique in it's own way. Whichever program you choose, you'll have the opportunity to explore ancient ruins, modern skyscrapers, minority cultures, and some of the world's oldest heritage sites. Shanghai is a modern metropolis, with skyscrapers and traditional temples co-existing. Suzhou is just 20 minutes out of Shanghai by high-speed rail and is home to the Suzhou Industrial Park which is an international hub for inventions ad technology. Old Suzhou is also most well known for it's gorgeous traditional style Chinese gardens. Chengdu is located in Central China and is home to 14 million residents (only half a million less than Shanghai, and surpassing Beijing's population!). It is a slower paced city than Shanghai, but has a vibrant cultural and night-life. It is also most well known for it's hot, spicy Sichuan cuisine, as well as the Giant Panda reserve center where visitors have the opportunity to h
- Please check with your study abroad office for the cost of our programs. Miscellaneous costs not included are: round-trip airfare ($1200 - $1500 depending on departure city), meals and other personal expenses ($800-$1000).