Are you graduating in May, not worried about receiving class credit or have summer plans but want to take advantage of an opportunity to travel abroad during the month of May? If so, Greece Direct is the perfect program for you. You will not be taking cla
- Athens, Greece; Thira, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession
- Program Description:
- Global LEAD doesn’t merely transplant the American-student to Greece – we transform your travel abroad experience by focusing on out-of-the classroom experiential learning and lessons with tangible, real life application.
• Combine study abroad, service and adventure into your unforgettable summer
• Serve the local youth through community center afterschool programs
• Learn in most breathtaking places on earth – Athens, Corinth, and Santorini
• Sail the Aegean Sea as you travel between picturesque islands, volcanoes and hot springs
The Greece experience begins in Athens with a whirlwind tour of the birthplace of civilization and continues to the often overlooked inner-city neighborhoods where we partner with community centers serving underprivileged students. We continue to push your comfort zone and stretch your mind as we dive into our personal development curriculum in beautiful Santorini.
Are you graduating in May, not worried about receiving class credit or have summer plans but want to take advantage of an opportunity to travel abroad during the month of May? If so, Greece Direct is the perfect program for you. You will not be taking classes for course credit, but there will be a handful of gatherings throughout the two-week trip. Global LEAD is unique in our attention to the personal development of our students. Our personal development curriculum is designed to engage you wherever you are in life, expose you to new ideas and life-changing experiences and equip you with the tools to make a difference in your community and the world.
For a student who has missed opportunities to study abroad but wants to capitalize on a chance to get abroad, this is the perfect program for you. Students will actively participate in field trips and activities outside the classroom including tours through ancient Greece and presentations in the Theatre of Dionysus. Additionally, Global LEAD’s personal development curriculum is designed to engage you wherever you are in life, expose you to new ideas and life-changing experiences and equip you with tools to make a difference in your community and the world.
- Setting Description:
- The Greece experience is a compelling tale of two awe-inspiring worlds. One embodies the antiquities, social challenges and vibrant energy of Athens, and the other soaking up the Greek island culture and picturesque beauty of Santorini. The trip begins in Athens with a whirlwind tour through the history books and continues to the often overlooked inner-city squares where we partner with community centers serving local students. Waking up in Santorini after a ferry ride, you are suddenly transported to an island paradise, surrounded by incomparable views of the Mediterranean Sea. Though we continue to push your comfort zones through activities such as hikes of volcanoes and swims in the hot springs, we also understand those who want to embrace a more relaxing lifestyle. In the Greek Isles, good food, gorgeous Santorini sunsets and volcanic black beaches are a mere stone’s throw away.
- 2015 Pricing listed below: $2900 Program Fee plus International Airfare
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program