The ELP offers curriculum opportunities in English as a second language and exposure to the cultures of the United States through dynamic courses at various levels. We also offer mentorships from cross-cultural faculty and staff, real-life learning activi
- Statesboro, United States
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- The English Language Program at Georgia Southern University offers an active, student-centered approach to learning. Our academically intensive program supports the idea that whole language practice in all four skills areas (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) should be active rather than passive.
Students of the ELP at Georgia Southern will experience life as a traditional student through engaging academic curriculum and activities. All instruction uses the latest technologies in their classrooms for innovative learning experiences.
The ELP offers curriculum opportunities in English as a second language and exposure to the cultures of the United States through dynamic courses at various levels. We also offer mentorships from cross-cultural faculty and staff, real-life learning activities taken outside of the classroom, and conditional admission to Georgia Southern University. Courses at ELP are structured to support the idea that involving our students in natural, meaningful conversation is essential for expanding their active knowledge base. The program offers three levels of instruction; Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced. Every course level also provides students the ability to engage in interactive dialogue to increase accuracy and fluency through continuous use of the English language.
The program offers value in many areas for students. Interactive and engaging curriculum helps expand your knowledge of the English language, while Expertly-trained, caring and motivated faculty and staff to provide you with valued experiences. Every class has low student-teacher ratio and affordable tuition and living costs. As part of a large scale, small feel university community with internationally recognized resources that celebrate international cultures through various campus events, groups and organizations. Students are also given the opportunity to apply for conditional admission to continue your undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Setting Description:
- Statesboro is a small and safe city with a total population of about 29,000. The city offers many community-centered activities that are hosted right on Georgia Southern’s campus. The program's campus is also located near historic and popular destinations including Savannah, GA, Atlanta, GA and Hilton Head Island, SC.
- Total Tuition and Fees: $10,403.00 (*using Eagle Blue Dining Plan) *Estimated fees based on 2015-2016 academic year. Depending on your personal preferences for housing and meal plans, prices may be more or less than the prices listed above.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program