- Puebla, Mexico
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP) is one of the most prestigious private universities in Mexico with unquestionable international recognition. It is in an ideal location, close to archaeological sites and a metropolitan city. The campus is located in San Andrés Cholula which is known for being historically indigenous and still contains a larger indigenous population. San Andrés is just five miles from Puebla, a colonial era-planned city, the capital and largest city of the state of Puebla, and one of the five most important Spanish colonial cities in Mexico.
Universidad de las Américas Puebla is a Bilateral Exchange Program - Students are enrolled as regular students at the partner university, pay Mason tuition to Mason, and pay room and board abroad.
- Students must have completed at least 45 credits at the time of departure with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Students should not study abroad the last semester of senior year if they plan to graduate on time.
- Recent transfer students cannot study abroad their first semester at Mason.
- Students are required to have taken SPAN 309 or equivalent prior to departure.
- Transfer between 12-16 credits per semester
- Letter grade received must be equivalent to a "C" or above
- Courses are transfer credit; will not factor into the GPA of the participant
- Passing Grade for UDLAP: 7.5
Choosing Courses Abroad
This program does not have pre-approved classes. It is your responsibility to select courses and get them approved for transfer credit. To facilitate this process, you will complete the Petition for Transfer of Credit (PTC) Form. You will have access to the PTC form when you open an application.
You are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to look at this institution’s courses ahead of time to see how they will match up to your Mason degree requirements. Talk to your academic advisor about what courses you will need to receive credit for during your time abroad to stay on-track for your degree. When looking at courses keep in mind that 1) you will have to be enrolled full-time while abroad, and 2) similarly to Mason, course schedules can change. We recommend having twice as many courses approved as necessary.
- Departments and Courses (in English)
- Departments and Courses (in Spanish - select the appropriate department, then click "Plan de Estudios" at the top)
When studying at the UDLAP at the undergraduate level, you are expected to take a minimum of 4 courses (24 units) and a maximum of 5 courses (30 units) per semester, most courses are 6 units, which include 3 hours of in-class studies per week for the duration of the 16-week semester. At the Master level (graduate level) you may take a maximum of 24 units during the semester.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program