- Geneva, Switzerland
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Finance, Finance
- Program Description:
Geneva Business School’s MBA in International Finance is designed to develop your knowledge of global finance through training in the conceptual, analytical and empirical intricacies of modern international finance. You will learn key concepts of taxation, estate planning, risk management, and financial analysis and will afford students opportunities to connect with Europe’s top commercial hubs.
The Master of Science in Finance with a Major in International Finance is developed for you to understand the macroeconomic forces that shape the world today, how to assess risk and respond to emerging finance and investment challenges. Geneva Business School has established a trading partner with the London Academy of Trading, to offer short term trading sessions during the final 6 month Thesis period, increasing job opportunities afterwards.
Over the course of this program students will
- Acquire knowledge of international taxation and estate planning.
- Learn risk management and gain an in depth knowledge of insurance companies.
- Be able to perform a Technical Analysis.
- Be familiar with Hedge Fund analysis and management.
- Explore financial statement analysis for executives
* This program is available at Geneva Business School - Barcelona and Geneva Campus only
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as:
- Assets Manager
- International organisations treasurer manager
- International financial manager
- International financial consultant
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. The orientation week will focus on your International Finance major and you will be able to present your final project to your tutors and get feedback and guidance towards its completion.
Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Wealth Management
- Hedge Fund Analysis and Management
- Finance and Backing
- International Financial Crisis
- Capital Budgeting
- Financial Markets
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500 word essay: What can you bring to the Geneva Business School community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum of 60% on the self tests.
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent
Fees and funding
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: €1,900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: €7,460 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Additional Program Information
- Contact the school for information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program