- Pula, Croatia; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Warsaw, Poland; Phitsanulok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
Physician assistants are the backbone of medical teams across North America. Our pre-physician assistant programs let you shadow real-life physicians and gain first-hand clinical experience. Along with global health tutorials, this comprehensive program will help you make an educated decision about your future studies.
To get you in the front row of the action, we select knowledgeable mentors from our partner hospitals that are dedicated to providing an exciting pre-physician assistant shadowing program. You will also get to spend time in a number of different hospital departments, giving you a well-rounded perspective on global health. Your personal mentor is there to educate and pass on insightful knowledge to you while on placement. You’ll be inspired as you witness them perform procedures, provide patient care, and navigate hospital life.
A Gap Medics internship will help your application to stand out from the crowd and is sure to impress admissions officers at interviews. You will shadow experienced doctors in surgery and on the wards, giving you a deeper understanding of international healthcare. The time you spend observing procedures under the guidance of your personal mentor will really help you to decide whether a career in healthcare is right for you, before embarking on years of study. You will have the opportunity to work in several different departments, depending on your interests. From pediatrics to surgery, there is something for everyone.
- Setting Description:
- Ensuring that you have a worthwhile and enjoyable experience is our top priority. That's why we have our own exclusive houses complete with in-house catering, tropical gardens, large social areas and supportive staff. Our destinations abroad are more than simply a backdrop. From Africa to Asia, Europe and the Caribbean, our program locations are carefully selected and will offer you a truly enjoyable and unique medical work experience placement. So if chilling with elephants, taking selfies with lions or relaxing on sublime beaches sounds inviting; we have a destination perfect for you. Safety and security are of paramount importance to us. We select the town where we run our programs due to their friendly, welcoming feel and the area where are houses are located are known for their safety.
- Costs start from $995 per week - including a $450 registration fee.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program