- Pula, Croatia; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Warsaw, Poland; Phitsanulok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
Gaining meaningful experience is always a good thing, especially when it comes to a career in nursing. We offer structured pre-nursing programs that pair you with skilled nurses in dynamic hospital environments. Along with global health tutorials, our placements will also give you excellent experience to draw upon when taking the next step in your nursing career.
To get you a front-row seat to the action, we select talented mentors from our partner hospitals that are committed to developing your clinical skills. During your time at the hospital, you will get the opportunity to work and learn about a variety of specialist departments, from outpatient to obstetrics and gynecology.
Your personal mentor is there to share their skills and knowledge while offering you insight into hospital life. They will immediately involve you in all practical aspects of patient care as you observe procedures and learn about interesting cases and conditions.
A Gap Medics internship will help your application to nursing school stand out from the crowd and is sure to impress admissions officers at interview. The time you spend observing procedures under the guidance of your personal mentor will really help you to decide whether a career in healthcare is right for you, before embarking on years of study. You will have the opportunity to work in several different departments, depending on your interests. Our placements are available every week of the year, perfect if you are thinking of travelling for longer or need to fit around work commitments.
- Setting Description:
- Ensuring that you have a worthwhile and enjoyable experience is our top priority. That's why we have our own exclusive houses complete with in-house catering, tropical gardens, large social areas and supportive staff. Our destinations abroad are more than simply a backdrop. From Africa to Asia, Europe and the Caribbean, our program locations are carefully selected and will offer you a truly enjoyable and unique medical work experience placement. So if chilling with elephants, taking selfies with lions or relaxing on sublime beaches sounds inviting; we have a destination perfect for you. Safety and security are of paramount importance to us. We select the town where we run our programs due to their friendly, welcoming feel and the area where are houses are located are known for their safety.
- Costs start at $995 per week - including a $450 reservation fee.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program