Costa Rica has the bigest concentration animal species on earth. It's also a beautiful and relaxed tropical paradise. Frontier has 25 years experience in managing gap year and volunteering service trips in Costa Rica, with placements in rainforest conse
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Education, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Some of our Costa Rica gap year and service placements include:
- Costa Rica Big Cats, Primates & Turtle Conservation
- Costa Rica Teaching
- Costa Rica Animal Rescue Project (Sloth Sanctuary!)
- Costa Rica Turtle Conservation and Surfing
- Costa Rica Learning Spanish, Teaching English and Sports Coaching
Costa Rica has the bigest concentration animal species on earth. It's also a beautiful and relaxed tropical paradise. Frontier has 25 years experience in managing gap year and volunteering service trips in Costa Rica, with placements in rainforest conservation, animal care, teaching and wildlife conservation. We can find the perfect meaningful experience for you in Costa Rica.
You can experience beautiful Costa Rica while giving some of your time to help the local environment, species and people. You can also earn a variety of qualifications including a TEFL teaching certificate or a diploma in Tropical Habitat Conservation!
- Setting Description:
- With the greatest concentration of biodiversity in the world, Costa Rica is a must for any conservationist. Over 25% of the country is protected in national parks due to the country's progressive policies on environmental protection and sustainable ecotourism. The rainforests, tropical forests, marine areas, and wetlands of Costa Rica are the subject of many university and scientific organisation studies. This "biological crossroads" of the world offers a visitor an unforgettable glimpse of a tropical paradise with over 500,000 species of animal including endangered sea turtles, monkeys and jungle cats, and over 800 species of bird. Seen as an example of political stability in the area, Costa Rica has enjoyed democracy for almost 60 years and is an oasis of calm among its turbulent neighbours.
- Our Costa Rica placements cost from $695
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program