- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
FUBiS is an intensive, academic program through which students can earn credits that may be counted towards their degrees at their home institutions. FUBiS sessions run for 3 to 6 weeks and take place both in summer and winter.
FUBiS program 2023:
January 3 - January 26, 2023: FUBiS Term I 2023 | register until December 6, 2022
June 3 - July 15, 2023: FUBiS Term II 2023 | register until May 6, 2023
July 22 - August 19, 2023: FUBiS Term III 2023 | register until June 24, 2023
Courses Term I 2023:
- European Studies
- Fascism without Borders. Fascist Movements in Comparative Perspective
- Seduction and Terror: Hitler's Germany
- German Philosophy: From Kant to Habermas
- Europe, Migration, Refugees
- Law, Society and Politics in Comparative Perspective
- German Language and Culture | Semi-Intensive German Language Courses (A1-C1)
Each course is worth 5 ECTS credits.
FUBiS has successfully completed the Quality Improvement Program (QUIP) of the Forum on Education Abroad. By going through this process FUBiS has demonstrated that it is in conformity with the Forum’s Standards of Good Practice, maintains a commitment and dedication both to offering high quality programs in education abroad at a level of excellence acceptable to the larger academic community, and to continuous assessment and improvement.
The overall FUBiS program offers students many choices depending on the term:
- Participation in either one semi-intensive German class or in one subject class.
- Intensive German language classes. These classes meet every weekday and allow students to focus on and thus considerably improve their German skills.
- Combination of language and subject classes (Term II/III). This allows students to improve their language skills as well as further their knowledge of a subject matter.
- Combination of two subject classes (Term II/III) which may count toward a major or minor at the home institution.
- Free digital lectures and more on the FUBiS YouTube channel.
For details on the schedule, registration and more, please visit the FUBiS website.
- Setting Description:
- FUBiS is located in the southwest of Berlin in the green and quiet district of Lankwitz.
- 1.300 - 2,675 EUR. This tuition fee includes, in addition to the class, the course-related field work and the course reading material. A non-refundable program fee (300 €) applies in addition to the tuition. The program fee includes an official FUBiS transcript, (digital) student ID, and cultural offers. FUBiS covers also the facilities on the campus, guided Tours and student ID (for discounts).
Additional Program Information
- Students must be at least 18 years of age and should have completed at least one year of higher education (college or university) at the beginning of the FUBiS program. However, registrants to the FUBiS program do not have to be enrolled in any program at the point of their registration. FUBiS also accepts registrations by adult learners and professionals. Please note that credits can only be awarded if you are currently/ have been enrolled at a university.