• Classes taught by renowed photographer David Beniluz. • PERSONALIZED attention. • Total knowledge of the analog camera and its processes.. • We provide students with all the necessary equipment (film, copying paper). • Total usage and knowledge of our C
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Every experienced photographer will say the best way to really learn the theoretical concepts of Photography and camera usage is through analogue photography. That’s because with digital cameras there are several concepts that you can only learn theoretically, whereas with the analog camera you learn them also in practice. This means it’s not the same editing on a computer program to do it in the lab with your own hands.
In the Escuela de Fotografía David Beniluz we have a Copying and Development Lab Class A (this means we work exclusively with specific materials, determined to give the best results possible), and we also provide the student with all the necessary equipment (except the camera).
Some of the concepts that will be seen on the course:
- The light.
- Physical and geometrical optics.
- Photosensitive materials, film sensitivity, grain.
- Zonal system.
- The camera: types and formats, photometer, diaphragm and shutter.
- Analog Laboratory, manually armed film rolls, B&W developing and printing, contact copying.
- Analog editing.
- Composition and framing of the image.
- History of Photography.
In addition, classes are complemented by guided photographic excursions leaded by our school teachers, including stories about the history of our city during photography classes.
COURSE DURATION: - Intensive (Min. 1 week / Max. 8 weeks) - Trimestral - Semi-annual - Annual
CLASSES DURATION: Between 2 and 4 times per week, 3 hours each.*
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: English / Spanish / Portuguese.
*The amount of classes per week varies with the type of course (intensive course have 3 classes per week, regular courses have 2 classes per week).
• Classes taught by renowed photographer David Beniluz. • PERSONALIZED attention. • Total knowledge of the analog camera and its processes.. • We provide students with all the necessary equipment (film, copying paper). • Total usage and knowledge of our Class A Laboratory. • Guided excursions by our teachers to photograph Buenos Aires as a learning method.
- Setting Description:
- The Escuela de Fotografía David Beniluz, located in the heart of Buenos Aires, was founded 25 years ago and has been one of the lead photography schools since, offering a variety of courses focused on aspects that tourists need during their stay in Buenos Aires. With a holistic approach, we understand the human being as an indivisible psycho-physical-spiritual unit. So the student, their needs, their concerns and their cultural background are taken into consideration as a person in the course of their learning process. Our experience shows that in this way the educational process is deeper, appropriate and fun for students. Our courses include theoretical and practical classes, with individual and group approaches. Working with small groups, our team gives each student the attention they need to deal with the resolution and understanding of the curriculum work. This type of work helps us to understand the students and know for sure at what point in the learning process are they and how
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program