- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Rodos, Greece; London, United Kingdom; Geneva, Switzerland; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Versailles, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Multi-country summer program in Europe: Earn 8 credits in the summer while studying in 9 amazing European cities. Students from the U.S. and other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes, visiting universities, companies and international organizations. Open to all majors. U.S.-accredited university. Acquire a solid understanding of European culture, economy and society. You will improve your marketability for jobs by greatly increasing your International IQ.
How does the European Union work, and how does it compare to other regions on the planet? Learn about business, politics, culture, and society within the European Union, while experiencing life and culture around 5 countries during the summer.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Visit world-class museums, cathedrals, and architectural landmarks
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine!
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills and create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 30 and spend 4 days there.
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris.
• From Paris, we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva, the group arrives to Chamonix and spend 4 days there.
• From Chamonix, we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years. • The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. • Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation. • International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100. • All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Forum-nexus is the way to go!07/25/13
This programs was absolutely incredible, and I can safely say that I had one of the greatest summers of my life! Like most programs, It does have its flaws (ie: paying for internet in some hotels, and I wish that I could have spent longer in some cities),
however the numerous outstanding aspects of the program outweigh the flaws by a landslide. The staff is fun and caring and moreover, extremely knowledgeable, and they take the time to get to know you outside of the classroom, on a more personal level. That being said, between the group of students and the staff, after four short weeks, you feel as if you have become part of a family. In addition, I had the opportunity to broaden my horizons: inside AND outside of the classroom. By the end of my travels with forum-nexus, I was more culturally aware than ever. I really learned to see from a new, more worldly perspective, ultimately, changing the way that I see the world, and the way that the world sees me. There was a great balance of work and study time, and enjoyment and exploration, really giving me the chance to see a cityl, and learn about it as well. To sum up my review, I would study with forum-nexus again in a heartbeat. Initially, I was a little skeptical about applying and paying, being that I just found the program on a random website, but I am forever thankful that I took the risk and applied and joined not knowing what to expect. I can whole-heartedly say: this trip changed my life for the better.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Forum Nexus Learn As You Travel02/26/12
I had a blast. The staff and teachers were all great and knowledgeable. The program size was perfect and I had a great time. In all honesty, every expectation was met. The hotels we stayed in were awesome and definitely accommodating. They made sure to
room us with people similar to us. I had a great time going out with all of my group mates and sight seeing.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend