- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Fashion, Hospitality, Journalism, Law, Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Religion, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
The Forum-Nexus Internship Program provides students with an opportunity to work for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad and earn 3 credits for their experience. The internship involves 150 hours and is completed in five European countries, as part of the one-month itinerary of the Forum Europe Summer 2017 Program.
Designed for students studying hospitality management, or the tourism industry, this internship provides students with the opportunity to observe hotel environments, travel and tourism advertising and marketing, and cultural hospitality norms in five countries. As part of their internship, the Forum-Nexus Hospitality Management Intern will be responsible for reporting on trends and behaviors that they observe in each country. Students will have the opportunity to assist the Forum-Nexus program in hotel check-in/check-out procedures, events such as the opening ceremony/orientation and farewell ceremony, celebrating student birthdays, and other applicable program-related tasks and activities.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your worldview
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 30 and spend 4 days there.
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris.
• From Paris, we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva, the group arrives to Chamonix and spend 4 days there.
• From Chamonix, we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program