- Athens, Greece; Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Rodos, Greece; London, United Kingdom; Geneva, Switzerland; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Versailles, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Berlin, Germany; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Fashion, Hospitality, Journalism, Law, Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Religion, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Forum-Nexus is a unique multi-country summer study abroad program that will take you to some of Europe’s best cities, all in 5 weeks! The Forum Europe Summer 2019 itinerary includes Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Rhodes (Greek Island), Milan, Chamonix (French Alps), Geneva, Lugano, and Lake Como.
Take pre-med courses related to cultural competence and healthcare systems in the European Union. Several independent study courses give you the opportunity to study medical specialities such as pediatric, maternity, or geriatric care and how they are approached in Europe. Take classes while exploring Europe and increasing your International IQ!
With Forum-Nexus, your summer abroad will include:
• Traveling to 10 cities in the Netherlands, France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, and Greece in 5 weeks
• Experiencing iconic landmarks and historical sites while immersing yourself in the culture of each country
• Taking classes taught by a team of world-renowned professors who travel with you throughout the program
• Earning up to 9 transferable academic credits toward your degree
• Participating in professional visits to leading companies and international organizations and networking with top executives
• Becoming lifelong friends with students from around the world
• Visiting additional cities and countries on weekend trips and excursions
• Enhancing your resume through life-changing academic, professional, and personal experiences
Complete the form on this page to request additional information and kick-start your summer adventure in Europe.
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 29 and spend 4 days there
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris
• From Paris, we travel to Barcelona by train
• From Barcelona we travel by private coach to Chamonix and spend 4 days there
• From Chamonix, we visit Geneva and then we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
- Fees include:
• Tuition for up to 9 credits.
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels.
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels.
• Professional visits.
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train.
• Health insurance.
• Welcome reception.
• Farewell dinner.
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- The Forum-Nexus Scholarship Program offers 36 partial scholarships for students from all over the world to help finance their participation in Forum Europe Summer 2019.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program