- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Pompei, Italy; Cadaques, Spain; Girona, Spain; London, United Kingdom; Geneva, Switzerland; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Madrid, Spain; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Annecy, France; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Work Types:
- Business, Journalism, Medical, Psychology, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
The Forum-Nexus Internship Program provides students with an opportunity to work for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad and earn 3 credits for their experience. The internship involves 150 hours and is completed in five European countries, as part of the one-month itinerary of the Forum Europe Summer 2018 Program.
The Communication Internship offers students pursuing general communication studies, or a specific concentration within the field of communication, with the opportunity to gain experience creating, managing, and coordinating communications between Forum-Nexus staff and students. The Communication Intern will create, develop, and share many different communications materials; some examples include daily schedule notices, social media posts, and communications with partner universities and organizations.
What makes Forum-Nexus unique?
• It's a multi-country program, you learn while traveling through Europe, visiting 9 of the most exciting cities
• You share your European experience with top students from all over the world making life-long friendships
• You travel with world-class professors who are always on-site to assist you in achieving the best educational experience
• You visit leading European companies and prominent international organizations and get to interact and network with their executives
• You greatly improve your level of International IQ which helps you become more qualified in the job market
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 30 and spend 4 days there.
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris.
• From Paris, we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva, the group arrives to Chamonix and spend 4 days there.
• From Chamonix, we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program