- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Pompei, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Girona, Spain; London, United Kingdom; Geneva, Switzerland; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Madrid, Spain; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Annecy, France; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy; Cadaques, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Immersion in a culture is the best way to study it. Forum-Nexus courses in sociology and cultural studies will explore concepts in communication, culture, and behavior in a multi-cultural setting. Students will learn about leadership and management styles in various cultures and cultural norms that impact interpersonal relationships and business decisions. Topics of Forum-Nexus sociology and culture courses include gender and sexuality, law and culture, immigration and integration, fashion culture in Europe, culture of food and drink, cultural dimensions of soccer, and social and ethical issues in society. Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting multinational corporations and international organizations. Courses are open to all majors. Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 8 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Barcelona on June 26 and spend 7 days there.
• From Barcelona, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Chamonix.
• From Chamonix we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva the group will travel by high-speed train to Paris and spend 6 days there.
• From Paris we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Barcelona and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years. • The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. • Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation. • International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100. • All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Based on 2 Reviews
Forum-Nexus gets a 10/10 overall!09/08/13
From the beginning to the end, Forum-Nexus as a program offered and followed through with every detail a study abroad program should. The website is laid out informatively, the support staff is genuinely interested in your participation, the first day
of orientation is all-encompassing with cultural logistics, weekends are left free for students to tour the cities, classes are held casually yet there are enough professional visits to get you a feel for the real business lifestyle, the hotels are comfortable and located in serious vacation spots, and the closing ceremony is intimate as well as serves delicious international food. The best thing about Forum-Nexus is that it caters to the global student; we travel with people from all over the earth and Dr. Hugo's international IQ component really pushes us to become a citizen of the world. I never had any difficulties traveling around Europe or completing schoolwork. Since the interns and professors travel with us, any and every question you may have is easily answered by a very friendly staff. Not to mention how simple the credit transfer is from one of the European universities back to your home institution. I definitely give it a 10/10!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Forum Nexus Is The Best Thing I Ever Did For Myself. I Would Go Again In A Heartbeat!!02/21/12
My time abroad with Forum-Nexus has totally broadened my horizons and made me realize the impact of globalization. Every cultural event was memorable in different ways. Even though days were tiring, I feel like I truly experienced EVERY city to its fullest.
Forum Nexus has a GREAT itinerary! This program is wonderful for business students as you get to experience all kinds of international businesses and organizations. It is so much fun! There's so much to do and you learn more than you ever think you will through International IQ with Hugo.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend