- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Pompei, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Cadaques, Spain; Girona, Spain; London, United Kingdom; Geneva, Switzerland; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Madrid, Spain; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Annecy, France; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Forum-Nexus provides pre-med and nursing majors with the opportunity to visit 9 dynamic European cities in 5 weeks and explore the medical landscape of various European countries, their healthcare systems, and cultural practices that influence patient care. Students may also have the opportunity to visit medical facilities in each country. Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting companies and international organizations. Courses are open to all majors. Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 8 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Barcelona on June 26 and spend 7 days there.
• From Barcelona, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Chamonix.
• From Chamonix we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva the group will travel by high-speed train to Paris and spend 6 days there.
• From Paris we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Barcelona and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Based on 2 Reviews
- One of the most amazing months of my life07/25/13
Studying abroad with Forum Nexus was one of the greatest decisions I made. It was a trip of a lifetime. Not only did I meet amazing people but I was able to explore seven different cities in Europe. The professors were so down to earth and cultured and
the program overall was very well run. I would recommend this program to anyone.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- best trip!07/24/13its important to make the most out of everyday and see everything even if you are tired. plan ahead and use the power points they provide to pick places. also the places that are not as crazy busy use to relax and hang with the group.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend