- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; London, United Kingdom; Geneva, Switzerland; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Versailles, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Develop an in-depth understanding of the political, social and cultural environment of the European Union while visiting 9 of the most dynamic European cities! Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting multinational corporations and international organizations. Courses are open to all majors. Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 8 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 30 and spend 4 days there.
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris.
• From Paris, we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva, the group arrives to Chamonix and spend 4 days there.
• From Chamonix, we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Valuable Cultural Experience02/29/12
The program caters more toward business students, but any student can benefit from this program. We got the opportunity to visit many different countries and experience many unique cultures. One of the most important aspects for me was meeting people
from all over the world and learning about their customs. Not only did we visit many countries, but there were Forum Nexus participants from many different areas of the globe and we were all able to learn from each other. I now have friends all over the world! On top of that, my professors were amazing. I am very glad I decided to go on this program!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- DO IT!!! You will not regret it! The best experience of my life!05/27/10
Extremely worthwhile. During this trip I gained a lot of knowledge about the European Union and the global economy as a whole. I also gained lifelong friends from all over the globe with whom I still keep in touch. The social aspect of our trip was phenomenal.
Being able to go out and interact with people from all over the world was a wonderful experience.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend