- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Develop an in-depth understanding of the political, social and cultural environment of the European Union while visiting 10 of the most dynamic European cities! Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting multinational corporations and international organizations. Courses are open to all majors. Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 9 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 9 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- "• Arrive to Barcelona on July 3 (6 nights) • From Barcelona, travel by high-speed train to Paris (4 nights) • Take a day trip to Geneva, Switzerland and visit the European headquarters of the United Nations • After visiting Geneva, arrive to Chamonix, nestled in the French Alps (5 nights) • From Chamonix, make a stop in Lake Como, Italy, and Lugano, Switzerland • That evening, arrive to Milan, Italy (4 nights) • Travel by high-speed train to the Eternal City of Rome (5 nights) • Conclude the program on the Greek island of Rhodes (6 nights) • All accommodations are 4 and 5-star hotels • Classes take place in the hotel conference center or at a local host university • During weekends, you can take an Independent Weekend Day Trip or Excursion, or participate in an Optional FN Day Trip."
- "Program fees include: • Tuition • Accommodations in 4 and 5-star hotels • Buffet breakfast in all hotels • Professional visits • Health insurance • Welcome reception • Farewell dinner • Staff support • Some transportation"
Additional Program Information
- "• Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students currently enrolled in a college or university program, or have graduated in the last four years. • Both undergraduate and graduate level students are eligible. • Open to all majors • Minimum GPA = 2.50 • Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must submit additional application materials. • International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100. • All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Forum-Nexus offers a variety of financial aid opportunities, including scholarships, assistantships, and a referral program. Other financial aid can be applied to the program fees as well.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Valuable Cultural Experience02/29/12
The program caters more toward business students, but any student can benefit from this program. We got the opportunity to visit many different countries and experience many unique cultures. One of the most important aspects for me was meeting people
from all over the world and learning about their customs. Not only did we visit many countries, but there were Forum Nexus participants from many different areas of the globe and we were all able to learn from each other. I now have friends all over the world! On top of that, my professors were amazing. I am very glad I decided to go on this program!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- DO IT!!! You will not regret it! The best experience of my life!05/27/10
Extremely worthwhile. During this trip I gained a lot of knowledge about the European Union and the global economy as a whole. I also gained lifelong friends from all over the globe with whom I still keep in touch. The social aspect of our trip was phenomenal.
Being able to go out and interact with people from all over the world was a wonderful experience.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend