Students in journalism & communication can develop their skills in writing, reporting, & editing while visiting 9 amazing European cities. Forum-Nexus independent courses in journalism and travel writing encourage students to enhance their skills.
- Barcelona, Spain; Rodos, Greece; Geneva, Switzerland; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Work Types:
- Business, Education, Journalism, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Students in journalism and communication can further develop their skills in writing, reporting, and editing while visiting 8 amazing European cities. Forum-Nexus independent study courses in journalism and travel writing encourage students to exercise their skills in expressing what they are seeing/hearing/feeling in each city. Students will perform independent research to gain an understanding of journalism practices in each country visited throughout the program.
Various global organizations will be visited as part of the Forum-Nexus program as well. Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting companies, international organizations, and cultural institutions. Courses are open to all majors.
Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 7 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their skill sets and their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 7 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Barcelona on June 26 and spend 7 days there.
• From Barcelona, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Chamonix.
• From Chamonix we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva the group will travel by high-speed train to Paris and spend 6 days there.
• From Paris we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Barcelona and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship. Student Assistants receive a tuition-reduction scholarship of $1,500.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program