- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Pompei, Italy; Cadaques, Spain; Girona, Spain; London, United Kingdom; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Madrid, Spain; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Annecy, France; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Students in journalism and communication can further develop their skills in writing, reporting, and editing while visiting 8 amazing European cities. Forum-Nexus independent study courses in journalism and travel writing encourage students to exercise their skills in expressing what they are seeing/hearing/feeling in each city. Students will perform independent research to gain an understanding of journalism practices in each country visited throughout the program.
Various global organizations will be visited as part of the Forum-Nexus program as well. Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting companies, international organizations, and cultural institutions. Courses are open to all majors.
Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 7 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their skill sets and their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 7 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Barcelona on June 26 and spend 7 days there.
• From Barcelona, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Chamonix.
• From Chamonix we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva the group will travel by high-speed train to Paris and spend 6 days there.
• From Paris we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Barcelona and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Based on 3 Reviews
- Life-Changing Experience!02/18/13
I've been on Forum-Nexus for two summers and the third's coming up...this is how amazing it is! You manage to travel to different countries with people from all over the world, learn about different cultures, take two courses, and have the time of your
life! The professors are great and very helpful, inside and outside of class, and the companies we visit complement the coursework we take so that we get hands-on experience of how the real work life operates. We even took international IQ classes to broaden our knowledge of the different countries we're visiting, their cultures, language, history, etc. Forum-Nexus is definitely a worthwhile experience!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Best summer program!02/23/12
Studying abroad with Forum-Nexus taught me to appreciate other cultures. The professional visits added a great value to the experience, such as the trips to UNESCO and the UN. Safety of the student was always a major aspect for the host. What I liked
most about this program was the social experience and cultural diversity.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Forum-Nexus Multi-Country Program: A dream come true02/21/12
Forum-Nexus was a unique program that offers everything a participant could want in a study-abroad experience. The professors/directors were very knowledgeable of every country that was visited and were able to provide an extensive wealth of knowledge
to the students that was beyond textbook reading. The balance between class and exploration was fair and enabled students to make their own decisions and plan their own daily schedules. Students had a reasonable amount of freedom, while still managing to gain a valuable education.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend