- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Rodos, Greece; London, United Kingdom; Geneva, Switzerland; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Versailles, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Forum-Nexus is a unique, traveling summer program in which students experience 10 different cities in 6 different European countries. Students in the Forum-Nexus hospitality management courses have the opportunity to study culture through food and drink in each of the 6 countries visited. Students will analyze cultural factors that influence hospitality services in each country, and draw conclusions about the differences in food and drink customs in each country as a result of culture.
Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting companies, international organizations, and cultural institutions. The course is open to all majors. Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 9 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their skill sets and their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 9 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your worldview
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 29 and spend 4 days there
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris
• From Paris, we travel to Barcelona by train
• From Barcelona we travel by private coach to Chamonix and spend 4 days there
• From Chamonix, we visit Geneva and then we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for up to 9 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- The Forum-Nexus Scholarship Program offers 36 partial scholarships for students from all over the world to help finance their participation in Forum Europe Summer 2019.
Based on 2 Reviews
- BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE08/28/18
This summer I worked as a hospitality management intern for Forum Nexus and it was the most rewarding experience of my life. I was able to visit so many amazing cities while learning about different hospitality practices around the world. I was able to
meet so many amazing hotel representatives and learn about why they chose to pursue a career in hospitality. Each and everyone of them were inspiring and motivating. I learned so much about myself and what I want to do with my future. If you have the chance to study abroad I would 100% recommend Forum Nexus, wether you want to explore an internship or just take regular classes, you will not be disappointed.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- The most rewarding experience of my life!!02/25/12
Forum-Nexus changed my life. The program administration was top notch, from the interns to the leader of our program, everyone was available 24/7 with answers to ANY question/concern we had. Hugo made us feel like we were one huge family. Fantastic hotels,
completely safe and secure. Very very clean as well. The trip SHOULD have been longer because it was nothing but an awesome experience!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend