- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Pompei, Italy; Cadaques, Spain; Girona, Spain; London, United Kingdom; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Madrid, Spain; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Annecy, France; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Understanding the functioning of financial markets and the global economy is essential for successful careers in business, economics, law, politics, and finance. Forum-Nexus courses in these topics focus on the economic and political environment in the Eurozone and explore the factors that contributed to the current economic crisis.
Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting multinational corporations and international organizations. Courses are open to all majors. Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 8 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Visit world-class museums, cathedrals, and architectural landmarks
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine!
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills and create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Barcelona on June 26 and spend 7 days there.
• From Barcelona, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Chamonix.
• From Chamonix we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva the group will travel by high-speed train to Paris and spend 6 days there
• From Paris we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Barcelona and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program