The Broad Curriculum program gives students the opportunity to earn credits in general requirements and elective courses while experiencing Valencia, surrounding areas of Spain, and neighboring European countries. Due to our new affiliation with the Unive
- Valencia, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Journalism, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- An ancient city that is now Spain’s third largest, Valencia is an exhilarating mix of history, art, intellectual activity, and civic pride. The remarkable richness of this Hispanic culture’s art and architecture reflects the Roman, Visigoth, Moorish, and Aragonese traditions. The many museums spread before students a cultural panorama: El Greco, Goya, and Velazquez; ancient Greek and Iberian ceramics; the wonder of prehistoric fossils. There are also the new Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, with the Museum of the Sciences, L’Hemisfèric cinema-planetarium, the Opera House: Palace of the Arts, and a huge park and aquarium. Valencia, host to the America’s Cup, also boasts beautiful beaches, a wharf and busy sailing facilities.
The Broad Curriculum program gives students the opportunity to earn credits in general requirements and elective courses while experiencing Valencia, surrounding areas of Spain, and neighboring European countries. Due to our new affiliation with the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia and the Universidad Católica de Valencia, students can enhance their study experience by taking business, math, and science courses at these facilities while in Spain with Florida State. Please contact our office for more information. When participating in the Valencia, Spain Broad Curriculum program, students experience both local and more distant travel opportunities tied to critical means of academic study. Most courses allow a three-day weekend for explorations of the nearby ancient Roman city of Sagunto or castle towns such as Xátiva. Each term includes a very complete social cultural program with at least one visit activity per week. Friday trips are to nearby ancient cities, sailing, and mountain excursions or visits to castle towns. Students and faculty also spend three to four days in Madrid and/or Barcelona, Andalucia, Pyrenees Mountains or another region of Spain enjoying comfortable accommodations and visiting a wealth of important sites. During the fall and spring terms, students have a 10-day term break for extended personal travel.
- Setting Description:
- The Florida State University is especially proud to have its new Study Center, located in a restored building in the historic downtown quarter, adjacent to the famous Serrano Towers. This center has been renovated with care for architectural treasures uncovered during the process. Remains from fourth century Rome combine with a state-of-the-art wireless center that includes classroom space, administrative offices, a computer lab and self-contained student apartments. Fully furnished multi-roomed high quality apartments at the Valencia Study Center include shared double and triple occupancy bedrooms, bathrooms with a shower, a living room with a TV and a fully equipped kitchen. The center, offering 24/7 front desk coverage, provides free laundry facilities, wireless internet access, and a computer lab. Bed linens and towels are provided, as well as cleaning once per week. If these spaces are filled, students will be housed in comparable accommodations within central Valencia.
- Spring 2015 Jan 8 - Apr 23 105nights $12,500.00 Summer 2015 May 7 - Jul 30 84nights $12,975.00 Summer 2015 May 7 - Jun 18 42nights $8,485.00 Summer 2015 Jun 25 - Jul 30 35nights $7,745.00 Fall 2015 Aug 27 - Dec 10 105nights $12,975.00 Spring 2016 Jan 7 - Apr 21 105nights $12,975.00 Open The fee includes all registration and instructional costs for up to 10 undergraduate credit hours for summer 5 and 6-week sessions, up to 16 undergraduate credit hours for the summer 12-week sessio
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program