- San Antonio De Los Banos, Cuba; Havana, Cuba
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Year Round
- Program Description:
“Tell Me a Story ”: A three or four week intensive, hands-on Documentary Summer School via the world-renowned International Film & Television School (EICTV), Cuba, taking place twice a year - once in the summer and once in the New Year. This unique program attracts aspiring documentary film maker's from all over the world to study the art of documentary and then go on to take a story from an idea pitching session all the way through to a public screening at the end of the course. During this intensive course you will work hard with your co-directors and film crew to tell a story that allows your viewers to penetrate the fabric of Cuban society and learn about its people, history and culture via the documentary format. You will spend time at both the school's tranquil setting of San Antonio as well as the centre of the city, close to all the action. The program will be taught in English and translators are provided where necessary. Previous experience in film welcomed but not required.
- Gain a diploma in Directing Documentary
- Learn how to tell a story through theory and practice
- Work with a professional film crew to make a short documentary, taking it from research to the screen in under a month
- Explore the capital of this fascinating Caribbean nation with complex, interesting politics and history
- Expand your international network of filmmakers from all over the world
- Setting Description:
- The International Film School is situated 30 miles outside Havana in quiet rural surroundings. At least half your time will be spent filming and staying in the bustling city of Havana.
- 2500 (approx - varies from course to course) EUR. Representing excellent value for money, the course fee includes: Hands-on instruction in the art of documentary film-making during a three-week period A local camera crew for you to collaborate with during production of the film Transport from the film school to Havana Classes with the professor whilst in Havana provided within the comfortable facility of the Casa Gaia Access to AVID/Final Cut editing machines A Diploma in Directing Documentary issued by the
Additional Program Information
- Strong motivation statement and some evidence of a desire to tell stories through the audiovisual format of documentary. 18 years and over.
- Scholarships Description:
- Most students will apply for scholarships from their home institutions or external funding bodies.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program