Provides the education and training to become a certified school counselor, with tuition rates comparable to state universities.
- Springfield, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- School Counseling
- Program Description:
- The Master of Science in School Counseling program is designed primarily to provide students the theoretical knowledge and training to be certified as K-8, 7-12 or K-12 school counselors. Students are equipped with the skills, knowledge, experience and personal growth that empower them to pursue careers as school counselors. Candidates for the Master of School in Counseling degree will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the following: •Psychological theories related to human growth and development and personality •The effects of human diversity on learning and development within the context of a global society and a diverse community of families •The principles of measurement and assessment, for both individual and group approaches •Career development and personal planning processes across the lifespan and methods of assisting learners in career exploration, goal setting, decision-making and planning •Classroom guidance methods and techniques •Development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive guidance program that provides responsive counseling services to all learners in the school community •A personal philosophy of Judeo-Christian ethics that reflects an integration of biblical principles with psychology, counseling and a personal faith •A commitment to lifelong improvement as professionals through reading, research, reflection, development of professional relationships and continued adherence to the ethical, legal and professional principles of the school counseling profession School Counseling Certificate Program Evangel also offers a “Certification Only” option for those who already have a Master’s degree in education, psychology or an approved related field and are not seeking a degree in school counseling. This program option completes all course requirements needed for school counseling certification in Missouri. The number of required courses for certification will depend on what a student is allowed to transfer.
Additional Program Information
- North Central Association of Colleges & Schools Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation National Association of Schools of Music Commission on Accreditation Council on Social Work Education Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs – Candidacy Status Academic Quality Improvement Program
- Financial Aid:
- •Hold an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or be accepted into an Evangel University 5-year BS/MS degree program. •Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work or last two years as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student. •Provide official results of required entrance examinations. •Meet specific departmental requirements as stipulated in the individual program descriptions. •Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is required with a score of 400 or better.
- International Requirements:
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program