Centrally located in Western Europe, the UIW European Study Center is the ideal place for students to study abroad. By gaining an in-depth understanding of the European Union and exploring Europe in their free time, students will benefit from everything t
- Heidelberg, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Cultural activities have been included as an integral element of this program that are designed to supplement classroom learning. Additionally, cultural activities included in this program are chosen in order to provide the best possible learning experience for students. Opportunities such as a visit to the Heidelberg Castle, a guided tour of the Mercedes Benz Museum in Stuttgart, a day trip to Strasbourg and a weekend excursion to Berlin are all part of the program to help students make the most of their time while abroad.
From their location in Heidelberg, students have access to other European cities, making exploration and travel very convenient and affordable. Heidelberg is only four hours from Amsterdam and Paris, three hours from Zurich and six hours from Prague. Reasonably priced airfare can also be found for students who would like to extend their reach beyond Germany's boarding countries and explore other parts of Europe that are a bit farther away.
Centrally located in Western Europe, the UIW European Study Center is the ideal place for students to study abroad. By gaining an in-depth understanding of the European Union and exploring Europe in their free time, students will benefit from everything this program has to offer. All courses are taught in English, either at the European Study Center or our local partner University, the SHR Heidelberg, and are fully transferable. Heidelberg is home to Germany's oldest university and local culture continues to be defined by its status as a university town. Numerous excursions are included in this program and scholarships are available! **Take a buddy and get a free trip for both of you to Paris!**
This study abroad program includes everything you need to make the most out of your experience abroad: housing, courses, an extensive cultural program including many site visits and professional activities, a day trip to Strasbourg, France, a 3-day trip to Berlin as well as personal service from an on-site coordinator.
- Setting Description:
- The European Study Center is housed in a handsome villa centrally located in a safe residential area of Heidelberg. We've chosen this setting to allow students to have the full European experience. On campus students enjoy the beauty of a historical building without foregoing any of the modern conveniences one would expect to find on a university campus. When the weather is nice, the spacious inner courtyard and garden is a favorite place for students to study or chat. We've done our best to ensure that all basic needs can be met on campus in order to allow students to settle in quickly and help them focus on their studies throughout the semester. In addition to student housing, the European Study Center has classrooms, WiFi internet access, a library, computer lab, laundry facilities, a TV room and a student lounge. Classes at the SRH University Heidelberg are only a short ride away on reliable public transportation . Shopping and other activities are even closer!
- Please visit our website for specific details and apply for a $1,000 scholarship!
Based on 1 Reviews
- European Study Center02/22/16Awesome experienceBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend