- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
This week-long certificate program - July 22-26, 2019 - discusses the latest developments on Global and European governance and covers both constitutional and institutional issues, global administrative law, and issues of soft governance.
Designed for: Master’s level students from all fields of social sciences such as law, politics, economics, sociology, history, philosophy and international relations, as well as political scientists, civil servants, lawyers and officials of international organizations and domestic administrations who seek ways to continue their education. The participants will attend classes in the various fields conducted by eminent professors from prestigious Universities from all over the world. All the courses will be seminar-like classes and colloquia, and the active class-participation will be encouraged.
Structure of the Program: comprised of three-hour sessions taking place twice a day. The program takes place at the EPLO facilities in Sounion which are located one hour away from Athens by car, overlooking the Aegean Sea.
- Is there a Global Constitution? Lorenzo Casini
- Globalization and the New Nationalism- Anne Peters
- The Administrative State under Siege
- Is there a Supranational Constitutional Review?
- Judicial Review: Old and New Problems- Paul Craig
- Where is the European Union going?
- The Problem of the European Union Budget- Massimo Bordignon
- Where are we with Brexit?
- The Crisis of Democracy
- The Death of Expertise
Cost of the Program: 600€ which covers tuition and transportation to/from the hotel provided that the students reside in the area. Accomodation packages available upon request.
Applications are accepted until June 21, 2019.
- Setting Description:
- The classes will be held at the EPLO premises in Legraina, near the bay of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon, overlooking the Aegean Sea. The premises offer an excellent work environment that promotes study and research activities, as well as a healthy lifestyle. The EPLO premises in Legraina host also the European Public Law Library, one of the largest specialized academic law libraries in Europe. The facilities also include: • A large-scale conference hall • Four seminar rooms • A basketball court • A tennis court • A volleyball court • An outdoor open theater • A garden of 30.000 square meters
- 600 EUR. The cost of the program is 600 Euros which covers tuition and transportation to/from the hotel provided that the students reside in the area. Accomodation packages available upon request.
Additional Program Information
- The program is designed for Master's level students from all fields of social sciences such as law, politics, economics, sociology, history, philosophy and international relation, as well as political scientists, civil servants, lawyers and officials of international organisations and domestic administrations who seek ways to continue their education. Applicants should submit an updated CV and letter of motivation in English.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program