- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
July20 - 24, 2020
Will run ONLY ONLINE for this year.
Due to the COVID-19 conditions the program this year will be offered only in syncronous e-learning mode with relative adjustments.
This week-long summer school focuses on the increasing use of administrative law-type mechanisms within the regulatory institutions of global governance (international financial institutions, technical standardization organisations, international networks, public-private partnerships, private entities etc). The school provides a unique forum for a critical engagement with emerging forms of global administration in today’s transnational legal landscape.
Designed for: Master or PhD level students from law or other social sciences as well as practitioners and professionals: legal advisors, lawyers and officials of international organizations and domestic administrations who seek ways to enhance their professional skills by keeping up-to-date with emergent global regulation issues.
Ιdea of the Program: to discuss the latest developments on global administrative law from a practical perspective and cover both constitutional and institutional issues, and issues of soft governance. Topics of global interest that have an impact in daily lives of citizens, such as Brexit or responses to the Coronavirus pandemic, will be analyzed under a transnational perspective.
- Is there a Global Constitution?, Prof. Lorenzo Casini, IMT School for Advanced Studies, Lucca, Italy
- Brexit, Dr. Giovanni Zaccaroni, Brexit Institute of the Dublin City University, Ireland
- Governing by the numbers, Prof. Marta Infantino, University of Trieste, Italy
- Global financial regulation, Prof. Maurizia De Bellis, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Italy
- The administrative State under Siege, Prof. Elisabetta Morlino, University Suor Orsola Benincasa of Naples, Italy
Cost of the Program: For Summer 2020 the cost is 400€ for those students who wish to follow the sychronous e-learning mode of the program
The normal cost is 600€ which covers tuition and transportation to/from the hotel provided that the students reside in the area. Accomodation packages available upon request.
Applications deadline extended : June 29, 2020
- Setting Description:
- The classes will be held at the EPLO premises in Legraina, near the bay of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon, overlooking the Aegean Sea. The premises offer an excellent work environment that promotes study and research activities, as well as a healthy lifestyle. The EPLO premises in Legraina host also the European Public Law Library, one of the largest specialized academic law libraries in Europe. The facilities also include: • A large-scale conference hall • Four seminar rooms • A basketball court • A tennis court • A volleyball court • An outdoor open theater • A garden of 30.000 square meters
- 600 EUR. The cost of the program is 600 Euros which covers tuition and transportation to/from the hotel provided that the students reside in the area. Accomodation packages available upon request.
Additional Program Information
- The program is designed for Master's level students from all fields of social sciences such as law, politics, economics, sociology, history, philosophy and international relation, as well as political scientists, civil servants, lawyers and officials of international organisations and domestic administrations who seek ways to continue their education. Applicants should submit an updated CV and letter of motivation in English.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program