- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
23 years of existence, more than 600 Academy Graduates currently serving outstanding careers. Founded in 1995, the Academy is the most historic and established education institution of the European Public Law Organization. The Academy offers 3-week summer study sessions for those interested in furthering their knowledge on different European national public law systems, as well as on their commonalities and differences. Students may attend one session to earn a Certificate of Attendance in European Public Law, or, attend two consecutive summer sessions to obtain the Intensive International Master of Laws (I.I.LL.M.) in European Public Law. THis year the program will run from August 20 to September 09, 2018.
The intensive modules will be provided in English by:
Prof. Patricia Jonason (Södertörn University), course on “The right to privacy”
Prof. Oswald Jansen (Maastricht University), course on “Developments in law enforcement strategies and powers: the influence of anti-terrorism policies on administrative law”
Prof. Sabino Cassese ( Justice Emeritus of the Italian Constitutional Court and Emeritus professor at the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa), lecture on “Limits of Democracy”
Structure: we have two 1-week intensive teaching sessions plus a seminar delivered by a guest lecturer At the end of each session students will be tested in the form of an essay. The final session requires attendance at the Annual Reunion of the European Group of Public Law at Sounion Premises.
WHY STUDY WITH US? •3 weeks of quality study and at the same time a visit to the birthplace of civilization: Athens & Sounion in one trip! •Learn from world-class academics from the most prestigious universities of the world •Keep up-to-date with the most recent curriculum on European Public Law •Interact with internationally renowned jurists, judges & law academics by attending a unique conference •Pursue a diploma level degree (I.I.LL.M) without compromising your personal or professional obligations •Have your work selected for publication alongside some of the most distinguished names in European Public Law through the Academy’s I.I.LL.M •Enjoy your stay at Sounion, a place of spectacular heritage which combines sea, sun, and history
- Setting Description:
- Classes will be held at the EPLO premises in Athens center, near the bay of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon also in Athens, a serene location overlooking the Aegean Sea. The EPLO premises are very close to the beach and include sport courts and gardens available to students.
- 950 EUR. 1) Non-refundable application fee of 50€ to be submitted along with application 2) Tuition for Certificate Program is 950€ and includes: a. Participation in lectures b. Non-printed Course Material, c. Certificate of Participation (ECTS Diploma Supplement upon request) 3) Tuition for I.I.LL.M is 1900€ A -20% Early Bird discount will be granted to applications submitted by April 27, 2018 as long as half of the total payment is concluded by May18,2018 and the rest of the amount is paid up to July
Additional Program Information
- Applicants to both the Certificate program and the I.I.LL.M. programs should possess: 1. An Undergraduate degree in law, political science, European studies, international affairs, or any other related field. 2. Be Proficient in English. English proficiency is indicated by a certificate such as TOEFL, University of Cambridge CPE or IELTS (score: 32-40). In addition, applicants who reside in an English-speaking country, have studied or currently study at University level in English, or have attended an English secondary school for at least three years, are considered proficient in English for academic purposes.
- Scholarships Description:
- The Agustin Gordillo Scholarship, which covers tuition fee and living expenses participating in one study session, for one student of Latin American descent.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program