- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
26 August -14 September, 2019
Combine your study with a visit to the birthplace of Greek Civilization
The study sessions are conducted between the months of August and September at the EPLO premises in Athens and Sounion in Attica region, Greece. Students may obtain a Certificate of Attendance for the attendance of one session, or, an Intensive International Master of Laws (I.I.LL.M.) in European Public Law, a diploma level degree, following the attendance of two sessions and the defense of a dissertation.
World-Class Academics & Curricula from the most Prestigious Universities of the World
Founded in 1995, the Academy is the most historical and established education institution of the European Public Law Organization (EPLO). The Academy offers 3-week summer study sessions for those interested in furthering their knowledge on the philosophical backdrop of different European national public law systems, as well as on their commonalities and differences.
Why study at the Academy of European Public Law?
- Quality study combined with a visit to the Best of Attica in one trip. A place of spectacular heritage which combines sea, sun, and history.
- The most updated curriculum on European Public Law
- World-class academics from the most prestigious universities of the world
- A unique international conference and the opportunity for networking with renowned jurists, judges & law academics from all around the world
- A diploma level degree (I.I.LL.M) without compromising your personal or professional obligations
Structure of the Program
Two 1-week intensive teaching sessions and one guest lecture. At the end of each session students will be tested in the form of an essay. The final session requires attendance at the Annual Conference of the European Group of Public Law.
Intensive Module courses
First session (26-30/8/2019)
Professor Elaine Mak (University of Utrecht): "Judiciaries in contemporary European societies: a discussion of constitutional law in context”.
Second session (3-9/9/2019)
Professor Rui Lanceiro (Faculdate de Direito, University of Lisbon): "The administrative implementation of EU law by the Member States".
EGPL REUNION (September 13 – 14)
Participation in the Annual Reunion of the European Group of Public Law
Eligible applicants should hold a degree in law, or political science, European studies, international affairs and other related fields and should be proficient in English.
Cost of the program and deadline applications
Pre-registrations with 20% discount (€ 760) on tuition fees until April 20, 2019 and regular applications will remain open until June 29, 2019 (€ 950).
- Setting Description:
- Classes will be held at the EPLO premises in Athens center, near the bay of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon also in Athens, a serene location overlooking the Aegean Sea. The EPLO premises are very close to the beach and include sport courts and gardens available to students.
- 950 EUR. 1) Non-refundable application fee of 50€ to be submitted along with application 2) Tuition for Certificate Program is 950€ and includes: a. Participation in lectures b. Non-printed Course Material, c. Certificate of Participation (ECTS Diploma Supplement upon request) 3) Tuition for I.I.LL.M is 1900€ A -20% Early Bird discount will be granted to applications submitted by April 27, 2018 as long as half of the total payment is concluded by May18,2018 and the rest of the amount is paid up to July
Additional Program Information
- Applicants to both the Certificate program and the I.I.LL.M. programs should possess: 1. An Undergraduate degree in law, political science, European studies, international affairs, or any other related field. 2. Be Proficient in English. English proficiency is indicated by a certificate such as TOEFL, University of Cambridge CPE or IELTS (score: 32-40). In addition, applicants who reside in an English-speaking country, have studied or currently study at University level in English, or have attended an English secondary school for at least three years, are considered proficient in English for academic purposes.
- Scholarships Description:
- The Agustin Gordillo Scholarship, which covers tuition fee and living expenses participating in one study session, for one student of Latin American descent. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please submit a cover letter along with your
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program