- Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Summer, Year Round
- Program Description:
The Venice Biennale is the oldest and most prestigious art and architecture show in the world. The Venice Biennale Revealed course allows you to explore this large and complex event in the right way: through meeting the organisers and artists and having intimate conversations with experts and curators.
The course is a balanced combination of lectures and Q&As completed with exciting discussions with peers from all over the world.
It is a structured and inspiring experience. We celebrate the end of the course with a gondoliere singing best Venetian songs just for you.
Duration: 4 online sessions, 2-hour each
ECA will share with you 12 years of experience of organizing big scale projects in Venice. You will learn about the structure, funding and politics of the Biennale in open conversations with its team, artists and curators.
Venice Biennale Sessions
The Academy is an Official Part of the Venice Biennale Sessions, an official programme of the Venice Biennale Foundation designed for educational activities during the Biennale.
Still a Venetian experience
We will share the city's hidden gems with you. We celebrate the end of the course with a gondoliere singing best Venetian songs live. Just for you.
Venice Biennale Revealed is perfect for independent curators and artists, professionals from international cultural organizations, museum workers. Art lovers and students looking for inspiration and knowledge are also welcome. No prior experience is required. On average there are around 11 nationalities per group.
- Setting Description:
- European Cultural Centre owns four palaces in the historic centre of Venice and that is where morning classes take place. You spend afternoons doing workshops in the city, going to design studios, museums and world-renown architecture projects. Venice is one of the most beautiful exciting cities in the world and we leverage our 15-year experience of working in this city to show you its most alluring locations. You will have just enough time beyond the classroom to immerse yourself in creative and cultural activities or relax at famous Lido beach. For anybody who wishes to explore Italy, Florence, Siena and Milan are within proximity.
- 950 EUR. The fee covers the classes, course materials, visa support, access to archives and library, all passes to cultural institutions, welcome lunch and a boat ride around Venice. If wished for, we can organise a nice single/double accommodation for EUR 500 per 7 nights or recommend suitable options.
Additional Program Information
- The program is open to curious minds of all ages and backgrounds. We would love to know more about you! Please, schedule a 15-min phone/skype interview via our website.
- Scholarships Description:
- Small amount of scholarships is available. Please, contact us for additional details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program