- Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Summer, Year Round
- Program Description:
The program is a perfect opportunity to update yourself on the current trends in contemporary art, understand how Venice Biennale and similar large international art events work and how to get the most out of it - whether you are an art lover, a curator, a galerist or an artist.
The course focuses on different perspectives and critical issues that confront art professionals today. Participants meet artists, curators and exhibition organizers and have an exciting opportunity to see, feel and understand Italian and international contemporary art scene.
Experienced cultural entrepreneurs share insights on creating a successful project in the context of the Venice Biennale and talk openly and honestly about challenges in the art sector. Participants get access to international network, visit incredible museums such as Fondazione Prada and Peggy Guggenheim Collection and come to a better understanding of how to navigate one of the most prestigious art hubs in the world.
Classes include: Contemporary Curatorial practices | Exhibition creation and development | Art market. Future of the art works after the exhibition | Cultural Institutions today | Venice Biennale: selection procedures, organizational chart and history | Cultural entrepreneurship |
European Cultural Academy offers one, two or three week programs that run from March until November. The full program is three weeks (Contemporary Art - Venice Biennale - Design: The World Around Us) and you can join just for one or two weeks.
Morning classes take place in historic palazzos located in the center of Venice. Each program includes workshops with curators, artists or architects. You spend afternoons visiting museums, design studios and the Venice Biennale, the most prestigious art and architecture event in the world.
You will have just enough time beyond the classroom to immerse yourself in creative and cultural activities or relax at famous Lido beach. For anybody who wishes to explore Italy, Florence, Siena and Milan are within proximity.
The courses are open for anyone with an interest in these sectors. Your peers come from all backgrounds and are international, curious and inquisitive minds that are looking to expand their knowledge. Many of them will be responsible for managing and advancing best projects in art, design and architecture.
- Setting Description:
- European Cultural Centre owns four palaces in the historic centre of Venice and that is where morning classes take place. You spend afternoons doing workshops in the city, going to design studios, museums and world-renown architecture projects. Venice is one of the most beautiful exciting cities in the world and we leverage our 15-year experience of working in this city to show you its most alluring locations. You will have just enough time beyond the classroom to immerse yourself in creative and cultural activities or relax at famous Lido beach. For anybody who wishes to explore Italy, Florence, Siena and Milan are within proximity.
- 950 EUR. The fee covers the classes, course materials, visa support, access to archives and library, all passes to cultural institutions, welcome lunch and a boat ride around Venice. If wished for, we can organise a nice single/double accommodation for EUR 500 per 7 nights or recommend suitable options.
Additional Program Information
- The program is open to curious minds of all ages and backgrounds. We would love to know more about you! Please, schedule a 15-min phone/skype interview via our website.
- Scholarships Description:
- Small amount of scholarships is available. Please, contact us for additional details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program