You can spend 4 amazing months teaching English as a foreign language in Sichuan province, one of China’s most enigmatic and captivating regions. Join the Teach & Learn China Program!
- Chengdu, China
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester
- Work Types:
- Program Description:
Teach ESL abroad from primary to university level in some of the best international schools (successful candidates can select a preference and the regional coordinators will aim to accommodate this)
- Couples and friends are welcome to apply
- Focus is on improving students’ listening and speaking skills
- In most cases at least 2 foreign teachers per school
- All placements are with schools in Sichuan province
- Schools assign a liaison to assist interns
- 15 hours of face to face teaching per week
- Get 2 hours of Mandarin lessons per week!
- Setting Description:
- The internships are located around Sichuan province, which literally means ‘Four Rivers’. Such is the sheer natural beauty of the region, Sichuan’s mesmeric landscapes almost defy belief. The northern, western and southern reaches of the province cumulate in immense mountain ranges, dotted with creaking wooden pagodas. The brooding Tibetan glacial mountains preserve a colorful local culture but then there are also fertile alpine valleys - great for hiking - and rolling grasslands that stretch into the horizon high up on the plateau! This feels like undiscovered China, a place you can you join Tibetans as they pay homage to the holy nature reserve of Yading, reflect in ancient monasteries that guard the jagged mountain peaks and get up close and personal with some of China’s most famous and fluffy residents, at the Giant Panda ecology park.
Additional Program Information
- No degree necessary Fluent English speaker Applicants from outside of native English speaking countries also welcome to apply Cultural sensitivity
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program