Ban Vieng Ping is northern Thailand's largest orphanage. ELI volunteers work with the youngest children in one of these rooms: 0-2 year olds, 2-3 year olds and 3-5 year olds. Volunteers can choose between remaining in one of these sections of the orphanag
- Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Health
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- Orientation includes a city tour, language class, visit from a Thai travel nurse, assistance in setting up a Thai cell phone, and a chance to meet all the other new ELIers! There are set start dates for the group orientations, please visit our website.
At the orphanage ELI volunteers lead educational activities and games, nurture and mentor children who normally do not receive very much one-on-one attention, even fix toys and paint murals to improve the environment. Volunteers have evenings and weekends free to explore Chiang Mai and its Buddhist temples, take Thai cooking or massage classes, visit Laos...There are endless things to see and do!
It is best if volunteers arrive on a date below before 8pm, so orientation can take place over the weekend and volunteers can start their program bright and early on Monday.
Please inquire for specific start dates.
This is a lively program that is a good fit for volunteers who are upbeat and patient. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and pass a background check.
Ban Vieng Ping is northern Thailand's largest orphanage. ELI volunteers work with the youngest children in one of these rooms: 0-2 year olds, 2-3 year olds and 3-5 year olds. Volunteers can choose between remaining in one of these sections of the orphanage for their entire length of service and switching from week to week. The orphanage is well-run but underfunded, so donations of books, crayons, and field trips (just a few kids at a time) are greatly appreciated. This program has been discounted as they really need volunteers!
Cost Includes Food Housing In-country orientation/Training In-country staff support Language instruction Pre-departure orientation/Training Registration fees Written materials abroad Written materials pre-departure
- Setting Description:
- Famous for its beaches, its fascinating culture, its ancient sites and temples, and of course its cuisine – Thailand has much to offer the volunteer traveler. Thailand, the land of smiles, is bordered by Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, and Myanmar (Burma). Thailand is roughly the size of Spain and it is typically tropical and humid. We have programs available in both Chiang Mai in the north of the country and Surat Thani in the South. Chiang Mai is a popular tourist destination, encircled by mountains, lush rice fields, and natural forests. The city is considered the cultural and physical capital of (what used to be) the northern Thai (Lanna) kingdom. Chiang Mai is the home of an international airport, restaurants of almost every cuisine, incredible shopping and world class hospitals. It has long been a favorite of travelers. Although it is more laid back and traditional than Bangkok, this is still Thailand’s second largest city. It is also in the heart of the “Golden Triangle,” a beautiful
- 2 weeks start at only USD 595+application fee. Please contact ELI Abroad for details!
Based on 1 Reviews
- HAD A GREAT TIME IN THAILAND!!!09/01/18Going to Thailand has literally changed my life. If your're looking for a humbling experience, this is the trip!!Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend