There are literally thousands of NGOs in and around Cape Town that are working to provide services. Positions are available with literacy campaigns, HIV/AIDS clinics, orphanages, public health education programs, schools for street children, a charitable
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Business, Education, Medical, Psychology, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- These positions are open to serious students and recent graduates who have some relevant education and/or experience. We are very proud to offer internships and volunteer projects with some of the best companies and NGOs in the Cape. These positions are intended for mature and responsible participants who can keep to a schedule and commit themselves to the position. Further, our group housing is fairly independent: ELIers purchase their own groceries, commute to and from their work sites without supervision, and pay rent monthly. These internships require a minimum two month commitment. Participants assist with all aspects of the programs to gain a well-rounded understanding of the organization and their challenges: Administrative tasks, fundraising, event planning, grassroots organization, program coordination and implementation.
There are literally thousands of NGOs in and around Cape Town that are working to provide services. Positions are available with literacy campaigns, HIV/AIDS clinics, orphanages, public health education programs, schools for street children, a charitable organization working with cancer prevention, youth programs, HIV/AIDS, an orphanage for refugee children, a children's home, a home for seniors, a home for abandoned and terminally ill children and hospital assistance.
Cost Includes: *Excursions *In-country staff support *Registration fees *Written materials pre-departure * Airport pickup * Orientation * 24/7 in-country support
- Setting Description:
- Famous for its sparkling white sand beaches, diverse African wildlife, exciting outdoor sports and multicultural population, South Africa is a colorful country brimming with excitement and adventure. It is home to over 44.6 million people from at least 20 distinct ethnic groups, and the country has 11 official languages. ELI’s program is based in beautiful Cape Town, located on a small peninsula that juts from the southern tip of South Africa into the Atlantic Ocean. Influenced by the Dutch, British and Malay, Cape Town is home to well-preserved historical buildings, busy streets, world class shopping and restaurants. No visit to Cape Town is complete without a hike up Table Mountain, a drive down the winding coastline to some of the area’s famous wineries, a visit to Boulder's Beach to see the African Penguins, or a hike up to the lighthouse at Cape Point. South Africa’s new constitution was approved in 1996, outlawing discrimination in all forms. There is a new and thriving black m
- Cost in US$: Program Fee 695, rent ranges from 250-350 a month. Please contact ELI ABROAD for details!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program