The Western Cape Province of South Africa is a major district for clothing manufacturing, and Cape Town is quickly making a name for itself as a fashion mecca. The industry is huge and it contributes heavily to the local economy. Internships are available
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Fashion, Journalism, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- These positions are open to serious, upper-level students and recent graduates who have some relevant education and/or experience. We are very proud to offer internships with some of the best companies in the Cape. These positions are intended for mature and responsible participants who can keep to a schedule and commit themselves to the position. Further, our group housing is fairly independent: ELIers purchase their own groceries, commute to and from their work sites without supervision, and pay rent monthly. These internships require a minimum two month commitment.
Intern Types: *Fashion Business *Fashion Design *Marketing, Ad, PR *Business Admin, Management *International Trade
The Western Cape Province of South Africa is a major district for clothing manufacturing, and Cape Town is quickly making a name for itself as a fashion mecca. The industry is huge and it contributes heavily to the local economy. Internships are available with local designers, small African craft firms, large clothing factories and a national knitwear manufacturer. Positions are available in manufacturing, marketing, design, promotions and events. If you'd like your program to coincide with Cape Town Fashion Week, that event usually occurs mid-August.
Program Fees Include * Airport Pickup * Orientation * Welcome Pack * Organized Intern Get-Together * In-Country Travel Assistance * 24/7 In-Country Support
- Setting Description:
- Famous for its sparkling white sand beaches, diverse African wildlife, exciting outdoor sports and multicultural population, South Africa is a colorful country brimming with excitement and adventure. It is home to over 44.6 million people from at least 20 distinct ethnic groups, and the country has 11 official languages. ELI’s program is based in beautiful Cape Town, located on a small peninsula that juts from the southern tip of South Africa into the Atlantic Ocean. Influenced by the Dutch, British and Malay, Cape Town is home to well-preserved historical buildings, busy streets, world class shopping and restaurants. No visit to Cape Town is complete without a hike up Table Mountain, a drive down the winding coastline to some of the area’s famous wineries, a visit to Boulder's Beach to see the African Penguins, or a hike up to the lighthouse at Cape Point. South Africa’s new constitution was approved in 1996, outlawing discrimination in all forms. There is a new and thriving black mi
- Cost varies. Please contact ELI ABROAD for details!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program