The objective of your experience is to learn how to successfully work in a foreign country. You will acquire skills that allow you to adapt to new customs, handle foreign exchange, and communicate successfully, mindful of cultural differences, in a foreig
- Chennai, India
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Program Description:
- The U.S. Commercial Service (CS) in India offers internship opportunities throughout the year. This is a Commercial Service program, under the direction of a Commercial Officer. The internship experience provides marketing, budgeting and trade promotion support to CS programs.
* American citizen
* Current University student
* Able to pass a background security check
The objective of your experience is to learn how to successfully work in a foreign country. You will acquire skills that allow you to adapt to new customs, handle foreign exchange, and communicate successfully, mindful of cultural differences, in a foreign environment on a variety of topics ranging from ordering food to business-related tasks. Finally, you will make valuable contacts in the U.S. and Indian business community that may help you in your career goals.
- Setting Description:
- The Indian subcontinent is a complete sensual overload. The sights, smells, and sounds can at the same time be exhausting and exhilarating. It is this paradox that makes India so fascinating for so many travelers. The country is incredibly diverse in terms of geography, religion, languages, art, cuisine, and customs. South India, in particular, has a strong sense of culture and tradition, especially Hindu tradition. Tamil Nadu is the cradle of Dravidian culture, one of the oldest continuous cultures on the planet. ELI operates throughout the southern states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Karnataka.ELI partners with many organizations in India to create diverse volunteer and internship opportunities. Participants can teach in the hill town of Munnar surrounded by tea plantations, help out in a village orphanage outside Chennai, study at one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in India, help plan an HIV awareness campaign in the poor neighborhoods of Chennai, plant trees in the P
- Cost in US$ Varies by Duration