Interns will gain amazing and invaluable work experience in the Chilean legal system, learn about international law and gain firsthand knowledge about the effects of country-wide legal reforms. Placements are created on an individual basis and are struct
- Santiago, Chile; Valparaiso, Chile; Vina Del Mar, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Intern Abroad in Chile! In 2007, Chile implemented new criminal procedure codes throughout the legal system. The new system is similar to codes followed in North America and Europe. Interns with this project will work with Chilean lawyers on a variety of tasks including:
* Case Preparation
* Record Keeping
Each placement depends on when you decide to go, your particular area of interest, your qualifications, what particular organization has openings for interns.
All programs require a 4 weeks minimum time commitment and a high Spanish proficiency.
Interns will gain amazing and invaluable work experience in the Chilean legal system, learn about international law and gain firsthand knowledge about the effects of country-wide legal reforms. Placements are created on an individual basis and are structured on the intern's objectives, qualifications and what s/he would like to accomplish.
Program Includes: * Airport Pickup * Orientation Upon Arrival * US-based staff support * In-country coordinator available 24/7
- Setting Description:
- Chile is a land of extreme and sublime beauty. It has the world's driest desert in the north and glaciers that extend to the end of the world in the south. The Andes and the Pacific Ocean create the perfect setting for a country that is bordered by mountains and sea all along its length. Raging rivers, snow-capped mountains, glaciers and endless coastline make Chile the adventure traveler's dream. With a growing economy and political stability unparalleled in Latin America, Chile is the perfect place to find new opportunities. Our programs are primarily based in Santiago, the capital of the country. Santiago is a vibrant metropolis considered one of the most modern and exciting cities in Latin America. Santiago is a place full of culture and entertainment, with a strong European influence, where economic development is tangible and the lights never go out. There are also limited placements available in Valparaiso and Viña del Mar.
- Cost varies. Please go to the ELI Abroad website for details!