Argentina is one of the most captivating countries in South America. The country stretches from the Tropic of Capricorn in the North to the icy waters of Cape Horn. Between these extremes, the Andes tower above the Gran Chaco and the Pampas, home of the g
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Environment, Health
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
- Volunteers at the Buenos Aires Zoo will work for at least four hours a day. Most of the day will be spent assisting the zookeepers with care of the animals, cleaning habitats, and organizing conservation projects. Recent conservation projects include:
* Rescuing and conservation of endangered birds
* Protection of the Aguara Guazu (endangered insect)
* General work in the Zoos in Buenos Aires and Temaiken
* Protection and conservation of the Andes Condor (with possibilty to travel to Bariloche).
Argentina is one of the most captivating countries in South America. The country stretches from the Tropic of Capricorn in the North to the icy waters of Cape Horn. Between these extremes, the Andes tower above the Gran Chaco and the Pampas, home of the gaucho, before giving way to rugged Patagonia in the south.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires, one of the world's great capitals, attracts people looking for a 24 hour metropolis. Buenos Aires is often called the Paris of South America because of the European style architecture, cafes, boulevards, cultural venues, fine restaurants, and clubs. ELI's Argentina programs are based in Buenos Aires, the elegant and energy filled capital. Buenos Aires shares many of the problems other Latin American capitals are experiencing: poverty, pollution, lack of infrastructure, and unemployment. Interns have the opportunity address these issues while being able to test their career interests, gain experience, and realize long and short term goals in a variety of internship programs.
- Cost in US$ Varies by duration. Contact us for details. Cost Includes Housing In-country orientation/Training In-country staff support Registration fees Written materials pre-departure
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program