- Program dates, duration, and features are customizable - Get professional experience while enriching the community - Live like a local in a homestay with an Ecuadorian family, immersed in culture & language - Outstanding pre/post program and on-site sup
- Cuenca, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Combine hands-on volunteering with the adventure of living immersed in Ecuadorian culture with El Nomad Study Abroad Programs. Past volunteer experiences have included everything from mangrove-planting in the Amazonian jungle to women's advocacy at Casa de Mujeres.
Because of our extensive network in Ecuador and the Cuenca community El Nomad, is able to offer a wide array of sustainable volunteer projects in the fields of Human Rights, Healthcare, Environmental Studies, Disabilities, Education, Research, Nonprofit Management, and Fine Arts. If you don't see your field/interest listed then contact us and let us put our network to use!
- Program dates, duration, and features are customizable - Get professional experience while enriching the community - Live like a local in a homestay with an Ecuadorian family, immersed in culture & language - Outstanding pre/post program and on-site support from the El Nomad staff
This program will boost your resume, marketability, and professional skills while giving back to the community. Depending on your interests and placement availability, El Nomad pairs you with an organization or company who receives little to no international aid or government funding. Organizations like these depend on volunteers to keep their humanitarian efforts running. Last, but certainly not least, being immersed in a new culture and language is an invaluable experience you will keep with you for the rest of your life.
- Setting Description:
- The program is based in the colonial city of Cuenca; named a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1999. Spend your down time strolling the cobblestone avenues gazing at the beautiful churches and squares, dining at restaurants, and interacting with locals in markets and shops. Our students stay either in apartments or homestays with a local family, depending on the program details.
- Price varies depending on program duration and features, contact us or reach out to us on social media for details!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program