- Phuket, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Gap Year - Study in Phuket - Education Abroad Asia
This program provides a dynamic, state-of-the-art, and highly professional educational experience. The EAA semester abroad program is based on the world-famous and stunningly beautiful resort island of Phuket, Thailand. With its balmy tropical climate, 80 miles of incredible sandy beaches, 700 hotels and 50,000 hotel rooms, it’s not surprising that Phuket is Asia’s top international destination. Phuket also makes a natural home for a world-leading center of hospitality and tourism field research. We offer an exciting opportunity for direct enrollment into Asian universities, where students live on or near campus and share classes with local and international students. Apply today, and within a few weeks you could be joining a group of students on one of our world-leading degree-level courses in fields such as business, hospitality and tourism, social science, and the humanities. Programs include world-class study tours with local and American professors to stunning field sites. Scholarships are available.
Education Abroad Asia's Hospitality, Tourism and Cultural Arts programs in Phuket, Thailand offer comprehensive summer, semester and year study abroad adventures. Programs include guaranteed and pre-arranged housing, study tours and cultural excursions, university tuition and textbooks, an on-campus American program director and office, and much more.
Scholarships for research; Academic, personal and career counseling service; Accredited Thai language courses; Airport pick-up and reception; Comprehensive academic program, up to 15 transferable credits; Entrance fees to National Parks; Exposure to one of Asia’s most dynamic tourism industries; Full tuition fees, textbooks, and course materials; Guaranteed pre-arranged hotel-condo housing near campus with swimming pool and exercise facilities; Guidance with research and publication; Guided study tours of southern Thailand; In-country EAA orientation and host university orientation; In-country support services with EAA resident director; In-country travel arrangements and advice though our on-campus travel agency; Internet access (on-campus and at accommodations); Official academic transcript; Official letters for student visa application and preparation assistance; Optional ‘Buddy Program’ student support network; Optional weekend and overnight guided excursions; Participation in community-based tourism projects; Pre-departure orientation (online); Study with Thai students; Volunteer and community activities.
- Setting Description:
- Education Abroad Asia is based at The Prince of Songkla University, Phuket Campus, situated on the beautiful resort island of Phuket, one of the world’s most-visited tropical islands and an ideal location for studying and experiencing hospitality and tourism. With major international hotel chains operating in a climate of Thai business and culture, Phuket offers many resources and represents a living laboratory and case study for students, tourism researchers and professionals worldwide.
- $12,500 (10 months inclusive with housing) USD. All programs include guaranteed and pre-arranged housing, study tours and cultural excursions, university tuition and textbooks, an on-campus American program director and office, and much more. Approximate Program Costs: GAP YEAR (10 months) - Tuition & Services: $12,500 (2 semesters + 1 month housing during Christmas/New Years)
Additional Program Information
- High School / Some College Recommended
- Scholarships Description:
- New $300.00 Scholarships Available for Students to Present Their Research at International Conferences.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program