- Phuket, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
EAA programs build goodwill in America and Asia through the promotion and support of experiential learning and international education – and to foster a better understanding of the world, cultivate environmental responsibility, and encourage enlightened engagement in global issues among diverse peoples. Our objectives include developing education abroad programs that embed North American students in Asian universities in order to study, live and forge long-lasting friendships.
Education Abroad Asia's Hospitality, Tourism and Business programs in Phuket, Thailand, offer comprehensive summer, semester and year study abroad adventures. Programs include guaranteed and pre-arranged housing, study tours and cultural excursions, university tuition and textbooks, an on-campus American program director and office, and much more.
-Academic, personal and career counseling service; -Accredited Thai language courses; -Airport pick-up and reception; -Comprehensive academic program, up to 15 transferable credits; -Entrance fees to National Parks; -Exposure to one of Asia’s most dynamic tourism industries; -Full tuition fees, textbooks, and course materials; -Guaranteed pre-arranged hotel-condo housing near campus with swimming pool and exercise facilities; -Guidance with research and publication; -Guided study tours of southern Thailand; -In-country EAA orientation and host university orientation; -In-country support services with EAA resident director; -In-country travel arrangements and advice though our on-campus travel agency; -Internet access (on-campus and at accommodations); -Official academic transcript; -Official letters for student visa application and preparation assistance; -Optional ‘Buddy Program’ student support network; -Optional weekend and overnight guided excursions; -Participation in community-based tourism projects; -Pre-departure orientation (online); -Study with Thai students; -Volunteer and community activities.
- Setting Description:
- Education Abroad Asia - Study in Phuket - is based at The Prince of Songkla University, Phuket Campus, situated on the beautiful resort island of Phuket, one of the world’s most-visited tropical islands, and an ideal location for studying hospitality and tourism. With major international hotel chains operating in a climate of Thai business and culture, Phuket offers many resources and represents a living laboratory and case study for students, tourism researchers and professionals worldwide.
- $5,750 USD. Programs include host university tuition, textbooks, guaranteed and pre-arranged accommodations, study tours and cultural excursions, on campus office and American program director, and much more. Approximate Program Costs (Semester): Tuition & Services: $5,750 (Includes Housing)
Additional Program Information
- High School or somme college experience is recommended
- Scholarships Description:
- $300 Scholarships Available for Students to Present Their Research at International Conferences.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program