- Beijing, China; Guangzhou, China; Shanghai, China
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- 4-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year, More than 1 year
- Program Description:
The Edu-Pal China (EPC) program offers an immersive language/cultural exchange experience between English-speaking young adults who are eager to discover the Chinese language and culture, and like-minded Chinese host-families, who are interested in sharing their home and learning English (or another language).
You, as an Edu-Pal, would be considered as an “older sibling” to the child(ren) in your host family. Your primary focus would be to facilitate English learning in your home environment. In exchange for your educational assistance, you will be offered Chinese language (Mandarin) classes, cultural events, and cross-country cultural excursions! In addition to the food and accommodation provided by your host family, you will also receive a monthly stipend of “pocket money” and scholarship & flight compensation.
What We OFFER:
- Free full-board accommodation with a Host Family and have a private bedroom
- Receive Monthly stipend & Airfare Compensation & Program Scholarship (Up to CNY 8,000)
- Be covered by travel medical insurance with 0 deductible and a $50,000 policy maximum
- Receive two program certificates: one for your Chinese language learning and one for your English teaching or internship
- Attend Mandarin lessons and Chinese business classes (Offer by the Program)
- Attend regular cultural events (Offer by the Program)
- Experience cultural diversity and meet people from all over the world
- Travel and explore China (4 times a year, immersion cultural trips to other cities, offer by the program)
What We Are Looking For:
- Open-minded and have kids experience(volunteering, teaching, tutoring, au pair, babysitting)
- Have a passion for working with children
- interested in Chinese culture and language
- Be able to pass a background check
- Mentally and physically healthy
If it is your first time coming to China, you will be amazed by its hospitable people, the modern cities mixed with history, the amazing, authentic food, and so much more as an Edu-Pal, and leave with many wonderful memories and lasting friendships from an adventure of a lifetime.
Edu-Pal support is one of our top priorities. We provide Facilitator and Peer-Mentor support system to ensure that each participant is well supported. We will be there for you every step of the way. When you arrive at the airport, you will see our faces waiting for you; when you meet your host family, we will be there to help you adjust to your new environment; when you have a question or concern, we will meet with you face-to-face or via text message, to support you with your needs.
Why choose Edu-Pal China? Well, with our uniquely designed language curriculum, invaluable cultural events, and amazing travel opportunities, you can expand your knowledge on Chinese language and culture much more efficiently than in your home country, or otherwise. What better way is there to learn, grow, and create a lifetime of memories in China, with a limited budget? With your passion for language and your love for spending time with children, you are being offered a life-changing experience, which also reflects well on your resume!
- Setting Description:
- We are based in Shenzhen, an international city in South China, close to Hongkong.
Additional Program Information
- Open-minded and have kids experience(volunteering, teaching, tutoring, au pair, babysitting) Have a passion for working with children interested in Chinese culture and language Be able to pass a background check Mentally and physically healthy
- Scholarships Description:
- Uo to CNY8,000 depending on the program duration.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program