1. This program is ideal for those who want to expand their experience in teaching or child development while experiencing the culture of Ecuador. 2. Participants can volunteer for one week to one year and placements are offered year-round. 3. Optional
- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Program Description:
- EcuaExplora, one of the leading volunteer organizations in Ecuador, has teamed up with an Ecuadorian NGO. This comprehensive organization implements development projects in isolated communities living in poverty to provide their members with the tools necessary to provide opportunities to escape poverty. All of their programs seek to leverage human capital and conserve natural resources, as well as to promote national poverty awareness campaigns to encourage all sectors in society to take action.
1. This program is ideal for those who want to expand their experience in teaching or child development while experiencing the culture of Ecuador. 2. Participants can volunteer for one week to one year and placements are offered year-round. 3. Optional one on one Spanish classes can be arranged at $6 an hour. 4. Volunteers will get to practice their conversational Spanish with their host families and be provided with three meals per day.
Airport pickup, homestay accommodations with two meals/day, health/safety/cultural orientation, program supervision, and 24 hour staff support. Fees do not include airfare, insurance, any VISA fees. And optional one on one Spanish classes can be arranged for an extra fee.
- Setting Description:
- Several projects with the mission of ending the cycle of poverty include education and literacy/adult education initiatives in rural communities (including computer labs and library projects,) public health campaigns and virtual, telemedicine programs, micro-finance projects and organic agriculture workshops to capacitate farmers.
- See website for additional information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program