Committed to the preparation of professionals for teaching, research, consulting, curriculum development, and administration.
- Wayne, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Education Leadership & Administration
- Program Description:
- The Master of Education prepares teachers to work with students from different cultures and to include contributions of diverse groups into the curricula they teach. These 30-credit degree programs emphasize a Christian philosophy and can be combined with several areas of certification including early childhood, English as a second language, foreign language, health and physical education, middle school, music, reading specialist, secondary school and special education. The Master of Education in School Health Services is committed to preparing professionals to function effectively in settings in which children and youth are served. The mission of the program is to produce outstanding health professionals who are committed to meeting the needs of a diverse population and to their holistic development. This 30-credit program will prepare students to practice their profession from a Christian perspective; achieve professional competence and increase specialization in a discipline within school health services. Students will be able to develop and coordinate comprehensive school health service and educational programs through the utilization and implementation of appropriate research and educational theories pertaining to healthy, social, intellectual, moral and physical development. Students will demonstrate sensitivity to ethnic, gender, and racial diversity. The Loeb School of Education offers certification in Early Childhood Education (Prek to 4th Grade); Middle Level (4th to 8th grade) in English/reading, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies; Special Education (Pre-K to 8th Grade) and Special Education (7th to 12th Grade). Students may also acquire Secondary Education certification in biology, chemistry, citizenship, English, mathematics, and social studies. Foreign Language Certification (K-12) is available in Spanish. ESL (D-12) certification can be added to Early Childhood, Middle Level English, Secondary Education English, or Language Certification. The following additional certifications are offered at the graduate level: Principal, School nurse (K-12), Reading Specialist (K-12), Single Area Supervisor (K-12), Supervisor of Special Education (K-12) and Superintendent. We also offer coursework that specializes in Autism as well as Early Childhood Director coursework.
Additional Program Information
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Financial Aid:
- International Requirements:
- In Addition to the general graduate admissions requirements, All International Students with transcripts from non-US institutions should have transcripts evaluated by World Education Service. International applicants from non English-speaking countries must provide a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based test), 550 (written test), or 213 (computer-based test) taken within 2 years of the desired term of entry. The institutional code for Eastern University is 2220.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program