THE MOST AFFORDABLE PROGRAM IN EUROPE! Host City: Kharkiv, Ukraine * Academic Field Trips to 7 cities in 5 different countries: Russia: Moscow & St. Petersburg Czech Republic: Prague Poland: Krakow & Auschwitz
- Budapest, Hungary; Prague, Czech Republic; Kharkiv, Ukraine; Krakow, Poland; Vienna, Austria
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- 7 cities, 5 countries in one semester with the most affordable program!!! EESA-Eastern European Study Abroad offers a one a kind program in Ukraine where students take classes in English, learn or improve the Russian or Ukrainian language, and attend one of the most prominent universities in Eastern Europe. No language prerequisite! Study abroad in Kharkiv, Ukraine and spend two weeks of the semester on academic field trips to seven (7) cities in five (5) different countries: Czech Republic (Prague), Austria (Vienna), Ukraine (Kharkiv, Kyiv, Pirogovo and Lviv), Poland (Krakow and Auschwitz) and Hungary (Budapest).
Courses are taught in English in a variety of subjects including Economics, Business, Political Science, Cultural Studies, International Relations, Sociology and History. Participants learn or improve the Russian or Ukrainian language. Intensive language program is also offered: students can take language-only courses or directly enroll in university courses with local students.
Having a unique study abroad experience in this region will be a valuable addition to your resume and will open up various career opportunities in the future. Studying abroad in a non-traditional destination is valued the most because it shows your independence, maturity, willingness to learn, and ability to succeed in any environment. A variety of academic field trips in addition to extensive student support network from the EESA staff provide for an unforgettable, rewarding and unique study abroad experience.
THE MOST AFFORDABLE PROGRAM IN EUROPE! Host City: Kharkiv, Ukraine * Academic Field Trips to 7 cities in 5 different countries: Russia: Moscow & St. Petersburg Czech Republic: Prague Poland: Krakow & Auschwitz Ukraine: Kyiv, Kharkiv, Pirogovo & Lviv Hungary: Budapest Austria: Vienna * 24/7 on-site support from the EESA Center in Kharkiv, Ukraine * Take classes in English in your field of study: economics, political science, business, international relations, history, cultural studies * Improve or learn the Russian or Ukrainian language. Enroll in the intensive language program! * Attend one of the oldest and most prominent universities in Eastern Europe
EESA-Ukraine remains the most affordable program in Eastern Europe that offers strong pre-departure and on-site support, field trips to 7 cities and 5 countries and classes taught in English at one of the top universities in the country. Living in Kharkiv is much more affordable than living in Moscow or St. Petersburg. Kharkiv has over 30 universities, 7 theaters and plenty of cultural opportunities. Meals cost $2-$4 and students’ personal expenses can be under $500 for an entire semester. In addition, the weather in nicer, as Kharkiv is located south of Moscow and St. Petersburg, and it does not get as cold. Kharkiv is a Russian speaking city. Karazin University has been specializing in teaching Russian to foreigners for over 60 years. Ukraine is a beautiful country with long history. Kiev (nicknamed The Mother of Russian Cities) was founded in the 5th cen. and became a center of Kievan Rus in 880, while Moscow was built in 1147, and St. Petersburg in 1703. For somebody who is interested in Russian or Ukrainian history and culture, there is no better place to see the original breathtaking buildings and monuments. EESA students get a unique opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the region while experiencing Eastern, Western and Central Ukraine, as well as Moscow and St. Petersburg. Besides Russian, EESA offers classes in English, which allows a wider range of students from different backgrounds to study abroad in Ukraine. Kharkiv is a modern city with young population, where almost everyone speaks English. EESA alumni who arrived with no prior Russian language knowledge had no problems, and enjoyed their time greatly. We pride ourselves in our ability to quickly respond to students’ academic and personal needs, whether on-site or prior to departure. On-site, students have access to resident advisors 24/7. In the past, we have arranged for individual study programs, such as a semester exploring folk music at the Kharkiv National Art Academy or an independent study in Psychology. We understand that for every student studying abroad is the most important decision of their college career and we make sure that their experience is the most rewarding and unforgettable.
- Setting Description:
- Students live in modern, safe and comfortable apartments in close proximity to the Karazin University in the center of Kharkiv. The city of Kharkiv is an educational, scientific and cultural center of Ukraine and has 13 major universities and over 30 other higher education institutions. The total student population in the city is over 150,000. EESA has a full-time center in Kharkiv that provides full support for students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Overall Program Costs: $10,985 per semester (includes field trips to 7 cities!). Scholarships and Discounts Available!!! Email us to find out how to receive a full grant! Cost Includes: tuition, housing, academic field trips, 24/7 on-site support, airport pickup, excursions, tickets to theater & performances, health insurance and much more. Scholarships up to $7,000 and discounts up to the the full cost are available! Contact us to learn more!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program