- Kharkiv, Ukraine; Kiev, Ukraine; Warsaw, Poland; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- 7 cities, 5 countries in one semester with the MOST AFFORDABLE program!!! No foreign language prerequisite!
Study abroad with Eastern European Study Abroad and embark on 3 weeks of intensive travel on academic field trips to Czech Republic (Prague), Austria (Vienna), Ukraine (Kharkiv, Kyiv, Pirogovo and Lviv), Poland (Krakow and Auschwitz) and Hungary (Budapest)!
EESA offers a one a kind semester and academic year long study abroad program in Ukraine and there is no foreign language prerequisite to participate. Courses are offered in a variety of subjects including economics, business, political science, cultural studies, international relations, sociology and history. Participants learn or improve the Russian or Ukrainian language. Students with prior Russian or Ukrainian experience can take upper level language courses or enroll in university courses directly with local students.
Having a unique study abroad experience in this region will be a valuable addition to your resume and will open up various career opportunities in the future. Studying abroad in a non-traditional destination is valued the most because it shows your independence, maturity, willingness to learn, and ability to succeed in any environment. Academic field trips to Kyiv, Lviv, Krakow, Prague, Vienna, Budapest and other sites in addition to extensive student support network from the EESA staff provide for an unforgettable, rewarding and unique study abroad experience.
* Academic Field Trips to 7 cities in 5 different countries: Czech Republic: Prague Poland: Krakow & Auschwitz Ukraine: Kyiv, Kharkiv, Pirogovo & Lviv Hungary: Budapest Austria: Vienna * 24/7 on-site support from the EESA Center in Kharkiv, Ukraine * Take classes in English in your field of study: economics, political science, business, international relations, history, cultural studies * Improve or learn the Russian or Ukrainian language: intensive language program available * Attend one of the oldest and most prominent universities in Eastern Europe
We are the MOST AFFORDABLE PROGRAM in Europe with several field trips included, utmost attention to academic excellence, student safety and the most rewarding overall study abroad experience. Our mission is to develop inter-cultural understanding and prepare students for leadership and success in our increasingly interconnected world. Ukraine is known as one of the most hospitable countries in the world, and it is our philosophy at EESA to create a home away from home for students while they are studying abroad in Ukraine. After completing the EESA-Ukraine program, students will have a more sophisticated perspective on current world affairs and be more prepared for leading an exciting career.
- Setting Description:
- Students live in modern, safe and comfortable apartments in close proximity to the Karazin University in the center of Kharkiv. The city of Kharkiv is an educational, scientific and cultural center of Ukraine and has 13 major universities and over 30 other higher education institutions. The total student population in the city is over 150,000. EESA has a full-time center in Kharkiv that provides full support for students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- ?Overall Program Costs: $10,985 per semester Cost Includes: tuition, housing, academic field trips (7 cities, 5 countries), 24/7 on-site support, airport pickup, excursions, health insurance and much more. Scholarships up to $7,000 and discounts up to the the full cost are available! Contact us to learn more!
Based on 2 Reviews
- What an experience09/05/19
I wanted to study Russian language and explored my options online. The EESA team had the best communication with me and answered all my questions. One of the reasons I opted for Ukraine was because it was much cheaper than Moscow or SPB. I traveled to
Ukraine with 0 expectations. I was pleasantly surprised and remember my time there as one of the best periods of my life. I learned a great deal in the courses, had all my credits transferred to my home university, took a stunning trip around Eastern Europe, and had on-site assistance from EESA staff the entire time. Not only would I recommend this program to a friend, I wish I could enroll again myself. Also, in my personal opinion, I found Kharkiv much more interesting than the capital.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- A unique program in a unique location05/12/13
EESA was the perfect program for me. The staff was very helpful and always made sure that I was happy, healthy, and satisfied with the program. The staff made sure that the courses in which I was enrolled were beneficial to me and in line with my interests.
They helped me to find volunteer opportunities and offered suggestions of things to do in the city and ways to make more friends. The academic field trips really added to the experience, as we were able to see more than just our host city. Studying with EESA is the perfect choice for anyone which an interest in Russian and/or Ukrainian language and culture and interest in Eastern Europe in general. Kharkov, Ukraine is an ideal city for studying abroad. With a population of about 1.5 million people, there are constantly a variety of events in the city, convenient transportation, and a lively city atmosphere. At the same time, Kharkov is much more livable than the capital, Kiev, as Kharkov is not overcrowded and overly hectic. Students will feel comfortable very quickly living in Kharkov. Even better, Kharkov is a "student city" and there are many students there from all over Ukraine and all over the world. You will have the real student life experience living in Kharkov and meet many interesting, open-minded, forward-thinking young people!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend