CHOOSE YOUR LIVING LAB SESSION: Session 1: Solutions for Sustainability: Executive quality Social Innovation Tourism -November 8th to November 15th 2014 Session 2: Kawoq’ Collaborative Travel: Adventure Travel for Gender Equality - November 30th to Dece
- Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- ERI Living Lab offers innovative sustainable development programs that use a variety of powerful tools and processes to develop creative and informed leaders in the global sustainability movement. These exciting new programs of Earth Rights Institute evolved out of our “Living Labs” in Africa that offered a different take on development education and research.
CHOOSE YOUR LIVING LAB SESSION: Session 1: Solutions for Sustainability: Executive quality Social Innovation Tourism -November 8th to November 15th 2014 Session 2: Kawoq’ Collaborative Travel: Adventure Travel for Gender Equality - November 30th to December 14th 2014 Session 3: Sustainable Development Academic Immersion Program - January 4th to January 31st 2015 Summer Sessions 2015: 2 to 6 weeks from June to August 2015 Optional week of intensive Spanish available before program starts
ERI's goals: Empower impoverished communities of the global south in managing and directing their own local development Bridge the divide between academic research in sustainable development and action in the field Build a culture of Peace by promoting cross-cultural collaboration and encouraging appreciation for cultural diversity Advance solutions to crucial global issues in developing countries and create awareness by supporting solidarity across the globe
- Setting Description:
- Earth Rights Institute Living Lab programs are built upon the philosophy of the People’s Goals for Sustainable Development, a world-wide coalition of grass-roots organizations that serves as a platform from which policy decisions can be influenced both on a national and global scale. We offer a transformational academic and living environment to enhance your knowledge on issues such as strong participatory democracy, economic and social justice, and environmental protection within the cultural context of the region. Through sharing our relationships with local NGOs we provide the tools for an emerging generation of individuals to engage in sustainability and social justice at the grassroots level.
- 2 weeks program: $2000 3 weeks program: $2400 (including a week of intensive Spanish) 1 week program: please, contact us Program Fees include: Accommodation Meals Transportation (local) Conferences, Salons, Workshops, Lectures Spanish Classes (optional) Field Study Program ?Cultural activities Materials AIRFARE NOT INCLUDED
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program