IPS is the first and only graduate school of psychology integrating the science of psychology and proven therapeutic methods with the Catholic understanding of the person, marriage and the family. IPS clinicians go beyond simple symptom relief to f
- Arlington, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Clinical Psychology
- Program Description:
- IPS is the first and only graduate school of psychology integrating the science of psychology and proven therapeutic methods with the Catholic understanding of the person, marriage and the family. IPS clinicians go beyond simple symptom relief to facilitate true healing and growth for clients and their families. Our training emphasizes not only assessment and treatment of psychological disorders, but also how to help clients develop virtues and flourish as human beings. The two-year and two-summer master’s includes an externship and prepares students for licensure at the master’s level. The doctoral (Psy.D.) program is five years and includes externships, internship, and dissertation. Students are prepared through rigorous academics and intense clinical training and the low faculty-student ratio guarantees opportunities for ongoing supervision from professors. The institute’s urban campus, just minutes from Washington, D.C., is home to classrooms, library, administrative offices and chapel, as well as the IPS Training Clinic, where doctoral students begin seeing clients under the supervision of licensed faculty members. Now in its 13th year, the institute boasts more than 100 graduates pursuing what they call a “vocation to heal” in private practice, clinics, family centers, seminaries and schools.
Additional Program Information
- SACS, SCHEV, ASPPB/National Register
- Financial Aid:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, 3.0 minimum GPA; GRE General Test scores; letters of recommendation. A psychology background is not required.
- International Requirements:
- TOEFL Scores, credential evaluation
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program