As a student in the Physician Assistant program at Des Moines University, you are part of a professional academic environment.
- Des Moines, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Physician Assistant
- Program Description:
- As a student in the Physician Assistant program at Des Moines University, you are part of a professional academic environment. We offer only graduate educational programs in medicine and the health sciences, so students across campus have a common orientation toward patient care. Students spend the first 12 months in dicactic education, followed by 12 months of clinical education and one month for their master's projects. Technology is interwoven throughout the curriculum, with innovative teaching tools like "Harvey" the life-like cardiac simulator; human simulation lab with adult, O.B., and pediatric simulation models, and the Standardized Performance Assessment Lab (SPAL) that simulates the PA/patient relationship. Averages for students matriculating in 2007: Overall GPA 3.49; science GPA 3.37; GRE score 1040; healthcare experience 28 months. Average age is 25. Class size is 48-50. Faculty:student ratio is 1:7. Graduates of the PA program can practice in a wide variety of settings and specialties, such as rural family medicine, pediatrics, OB/Gyn, cardiology, and many more.
Additional Program Information
- DMU's Physician Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant. Graduates of approved programs are eligible to take the certification examination given by the national Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. Des Moines University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Seat deposit ($250).
- International Requirements:
- International students must meet all SEVIS requirements for studying in the U.S. Students who have completed their undergraduate work outside the U.S. are encouraged to spend at least one year studying in the U.S. prior to attending DMU.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program