- Darmstadt, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
International Summer University (ISU) Darmstadt from July 16 - August 12, 2017 in a nutshell:
- learn about state-of-the-art technology (Smart homes, energy efficienct construction technologies, etc)
- one week academic excursion to Cologne
- German language course
- earn credit points
- discover Germany and the German summer
- have fun with lots of leisure activities (climbing park, etc)
- make friends with people from all over the world (Buddy program)
ISU Darmstadt on “Energy Efficient and Smart Building Infrastructure Systems” at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences is a short term program taught in English focusing on smart homes, energy efficient building and construction technologies, simulation and modelling, user interactions and e-mobility.
Professors from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies will give the students a scientific background in smart home and energy efficient technology. You will gain hands-on experience during a one-week academic excursion to Cologne, field trips to different companies and public institutions with an emphasis on building automation and control and smart living.
The program combines academic seminars and German-as-a-foreign-language course with cultural learning and lots of activities outside the classroom, such as excursions to Kassel, Frankfurt, climbing park and hiking activities, wine tasting, etc.).
Come to Darmstadt and spend an unforgettable summer at one of the largest universities of applied science in Germany and meet new friends from Germany and from all around the world.
The academic program is suitable for students from a variety of backgrounds, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Energy Management or related disciplines. International as well as German students will attend the ISU and give you a unique global experience. Participants can receive up to 9 ECTS credits upon successful completion of this 4 week intensive-program.
- Setting Description:
- Darmstadt is at the heart of Europe, right within the metropolitan Rhine-Main region, next to Frankfurt, the financial center of Europe and home of the European Central bank, centrally located in Germany, and within easy reach of France (1 hr), Switzerland (4 hrs) or the Netherlands (5 hrs). Darmstadt has pioneered in green building and is known for its Passivhaus and Solar Decathlon buildings.
- 1.990 EUR. Early-bird fee (available until April 1. 2017): 1.790 EUR
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program