- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
Dar Loughat Granada is a unique language school specializing in Arabic and Andalusian civilisation in Granada, Spain. We offer an excellent alternative to students, wishing to study Arabic and culture but for one reason or another, prefer not to travel to the Arab world. Our teaching method, in particular, emphasizes linguistic immersion and live classes, together with special activities related to the rich Andalusian culture.
New in 2017/2018:: LEARN ARABIC IN GRANADA, THEN PRACTICE YOUR SKILLS IN TETOUAN, MOROCCO
In Dar Loughat Granada we offer the chance to:
* Practice Arabic with locals on a daily basis.
* Live with Arab families and practice the language in the home.
* Benefit from live classes in the Suk (Andalusian market).
* Enjoy the friendly atmosphere of Granada while discovering Arab culture within its Andalusian context.
The sole school making it possible in Granada, .our students experience everyday situations in the emblamatic Albaycin : speaking with locals; buying in the Suk, shopping for food, taking tea or learning to cook. This is the Andalusian neighborhood where people speak, breathe, live Arabic and where they welcome our students to stay with families and practice the language in all its complexity.
After more than 10 years educating students from major universities such as Oxford & Cambridge, Berkeley, CA, Paris, Milan or Complutense, we have developed our own method with excellent results.
Check their testimonies on our website, on Youtube or other social networks and learn about their own experiences firsthand.
Our goal is to teach this language in a natural way, based on direct communication, and immersion in the ancient culture of Al-Andalus.
- Setting Description:
- Andalusia in general, and Granada, one of the world´s iconic cities, form an integral part of the Arab world. Dar Loughat Granada is located in the heart of the city, adjacent to the Albayzin, the city´s predominently Arabic speaking neighborhood, with its secret spaces and narrow streets., only a short walk away from the Alhambra. At the same time, during the weekends, our students enjoy bathing in the nearby Mediterranean beaches, walking in the many naotional parks sourrounding the city and the ski slopes of the Sierra Nevada.
- 160 per week / 20 hours EUR. 20 tuition fee
Additional Program Information
- Our education system adheres to the criteria held by major universities in teaching, testing, and grading. Upon arrival, your students will sit a 60-75 minutes evaluation test (both written and oral). Our program caters to all Arabic language levels; from absolute beginner to fluent, to proficient and even to thematic Arabic.
Based on 3 Reviews
- Personalized classes with expert teachers08/09/17
I very much enjoyed my time at Dar Loughat. The classes were personalized to meet my needs and interests. The teachers were very professional and encouraging. Learning Arabic can be quite challenging, but the teachers at Dar Loughat presented the material
in a way that was easy to understand. I hope to be back at Dar Loughat soon!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Summer 201706/27/17
Dar Loughat (Granada) is a wonderful and enriching program. My instructors including, the director Nizar Liemlahi, are extremely knowledgeable and have offered a welcoming environment for my learning of Arabic. Not only was I able to learn the language
but also learn about the culture and customs of my instructors who are from the beautiful country of Morocco, which I visited towards the end of my intensive courses. It is without reservation that I recommend Dar Loughat to anyone who has a serious interest in learning Arabic.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Dar Loughat Granada06/26/17Dar Loughat in Granada is a very good school about teaching of Arabic language for not arabian students. I recommend it to all those who want to study Arabic in a good climate and with very good teachers.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend